Monday, June 26, 2017

Shaky Ground is Live!

Shaky Ground Chapter One on FicPad

Shaky Ground Chapter One on Stars

Shaky Ground Chapter One on AO3

Shaky Ground Chapter One on FFn

Shaky Ground Chapter One on Wattpad

“I love my job,” Dr. Edward Masen muttered as he sat in his Volvo. “I love my job. I really love my job.” One of the nurses waved at him as she passed him. He growled and ran his hand through hair. He did love his job, but he hated the vapid, awful nurses, who saw him as a piece of meat. Someone to be conquered. “Not today, bitches.” He got out of the car, swiping his messenger bag, white coat and lanyard.
Walking into Harborview Medical Center, he dropped off his belongings in his rarely-used office and got ready for his twelve-hour shift as an emergency room attending. He focused his attention on doing his job, healing the sick. He kept his interactions with the female coworkers concise, but professional, though he’d rather not interact with them at all. He focused on his patients. He treated them respectfully and with the dignity they needed, especially when they were sick and scared.
He worked diligently, helping his patients and smiling warmly at them when they thanked him. This why he went into medicine, to help people.
“Hello, Edward,” purred Heidi, one of the nurses who never took no for an answer. “You look stressed out. I can give you a massage. A naked a massage.” She trailed her fingers up his arm and she looked up at him seductively. “Come on, Edward. You’re a sexy, sinful man.”
He captured her fingers, glaring at her. “I’m not, Nurse Shapiro. And I could go to the head of the department, bringing forth charges of sexual harassment.”
“I’m not harassing you,” Heidi pouted, crossing her arms over chest. “You’re just playing hard to get. I can make it good, Edward.” He pursed his lips, pushing past her and making his way to the chief’s office. “Okay, okay! I’m sorry. I’ll stop.”
“For now,” he sneered. “Nurse Shapiro, your concession means little to me. And call me Dr. Masn.” He continued his walk to the chief’s office, lodging a complaint against Heidi Shapiro. The chief of the department sighed, taking it down and placing it Heidi’s file. Edward left shortly after that, glaring at Heidi as she was called into the chief’s office, but feeling vindicated, slightly.

Or was he just mollified?

Dr. Edward Masen

Dr. Isabella Swan

Alice Brandon

Edward's Home

















Alice and Bella's Apartment Building

Alice's Room

Kitchen

Bella's Room



View

Family Room

No comments:

Post a Comment