Friday, May 5, 2017

The One That Got Away Update

TOTGA Chapter 73 on FicPad

TOTGA Chapter 73 on AO3

TOTGA Chapter 73 on Stars

TOTGA Chapter 73 on FFn

TOTGA Chapter 73 on Wattpad

“Edward, it’s Thanksgiving,” Jenks grumbled. “It’s before dawn on Thanksgiving. What the fuck, man?”

Edward was down in the kitchen, trying to stay quiet. After they returned from court, they both crashed and slept. Edward stayed in bed as long as he could, but he was anxious to get ahold of Jenks to start the beginning of his plan for his happily ever after. “I need adoption papers.”

“Who are you adopting?” Jenks yawned.

“Not for me, you idiot,” Edward hissed. “For Bella. I want her to adopt the twins. I don’t know if you heard …”

“Yeah, I did. Perez is a good guy and he told me about the case when met up for our bowling league,” Jenks said. “Adoption papers. Got it. I’ll work on that on Monday.”

“Good. That’s good,” Edward murmured. “I want to propose to her … have the kids help me …” He blew out a breath. “I need something good to come out of all of this. Bella is the only thing keeping me sane.”

“I can imagine, Edward. Do the kids know?” Jenks asked.

“I’m going to talk to them today. We’re celebrating Thanksgiving at my parents’ house. Charlie, Sue, Seth and Leah, Sue’s kids, are spending it with us, too. I’m going to pull them aside and ask if they want Bella to officially be their mother and if they were okay with me marrying her,” Edward whispered.

“Excellent plan, Edward. I’ll get the paperwork started and it should be ready to go before the end of the year,” Jenks explained. “Now, let me go back to fucking sleep. It’s still before dawn, asshole.”

“Sorry,” Edward chuckled. “But, I am a paying client. You did give me your cell phone number to call you anytime.”

“I’m changing my fucking number, Cullen,” he grumbled. “I’m going back to bed, snuggling up with my hot wife. I’ll talk to you later. Happy Thanksgiving.” He ended the call abruptly, making Edward laugh.


He went to his to-do list and crossed off ‘calling Jenks.’ Next, Edward started looking for engagement rings. He had no idea what he wanted or what Bella wanted, but something unique, special was important. He perused rings until his eyes crossed and all the rings looked the same. When he heard Bella shuffle around upstairs, he closed his laptop and began making coffee and preparing breakfast for them. She walked down the stairs, looking bedraggled and sleepy. Her hair was a rat’s nest, but he never thought she looked more beautiful. “I missed my snuggle buddy,” she yawned, padding over to him and sliding her arm around his waist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment