Saturday, May 6, 2017

Out of the Darkness Update

OOTD Chapter 20 on FicPad

OOTD Chapter 20 on AO3

OOTD Chapter 20 on Stars

OOTD Chapter 20 on FFn

OOTD Chapter 20 on Wattpad

I was an anxious mess as Edward drove us to school. It was a combination of what we’d done that morning with Edward’s warm hands on my body, showing me what it was like to have a say in what happened to me. His touch was tender, reverent and hot. It made something within me stir and I didn’t know what that was. I was so used to having my choice taken away and touch to be forceful, hurtful and never with my consent.

I was also panicking because Riley was still out there. According to Edward, Riley was fired and there was an active arrest warrant out for him, but he wasn’t just Riley anymore. He was Riley, with Satan buried deep within him.

 It freaked me the fuck out.

“Bella, I can feel your fear. I promise you that you won’t be hurt,” he said, reaching across and twining our fingers together.

“Edward, Carlisle told me what happens when those arrows …” I whispered.

“Please, don’t worry about that. I won’t be so easily killed,” he snickered, shooting me a wink. I growled, trying to pry my hand from his. “Hey, stop. We’re okay. You’re okay.”

“I can’t lose you,” I said, tears welling and threatening to spill down my cheeks.

“You won’t, pretty Bella,” he said, cupping my cheek and wiping his thumb under my eyes. He pulled into the school, parking next to Alice’s car she was driving. “There will be extra protection surrounding you and me.” I arched a brow. He pointed to the forest behind the school. “Look at the tallest tree.” I did, narrowing my eyes and I only saw leaves. “Human eyesight is not as sharp as mine, but there’s an angel in there. One of my first trainees, Seth.” I looked again and saw the flash of a wing. “You see him now?”

“A little,” I said.

“He’s not the only one,” Edward said, putting the car into park and pocketing the keys. “They’re just hidden in plain sight.” I furrowed my brow. He pointed out a new teacher’s aide and another woman parked across the street.

“How do you know?” I asked.

“Carlisle gave me back my full powers. I can sense when an angel is nearby. It’s a warmth that spreads over me,” he said, helping me out of the car. He carried our bags while I held our lunches. We walked into the school and to our classrooms. Inside, Mrs. Cope was waiting for me in my room and Edward stood taller, bristling at her presence. “She wants to talk to you.”

“Anything bad?” I asked, blinking up at him.


“I don’t know,” he replied. “I’ll be right next door. If you feel like something’s off …” He handed me my bag and I could tell that he wanted to snuggle me. I love you, pretty Bella. With a nod, he left and went next door. 

No comments:

Post a Comment