Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Married to the Mob Teaser

“Boss, you’re going to bite off your thumb. Stop doing that,” Jasper snorted, tugging my finger out of my mouth. I’d been nibbling on the nail, anxious to see Bella. I’d driven to my parents’ house after making a very important purchase and received an angry text from my mother.

Rose has crossed the line … she may need to be reminded how to behave. ‘The Boss’ needs to have a discussion with her. Not. Emmett. ~ Mom

I responded to her. What happened? I need to know the facts before I go all ‘mafia’ on her ass ~ E.C.

Mom sent me a diatribe about how she disrespected me in front of Bella and Alice. I replied to her saying that I’d have a conversation with her and that she needed to know that she wasn’t in charge. She would be reminded of her place in this family. “Boss? You’re growling.”

“Is Emmett here?” I asked, looking over at him.

“I believe so,” Jasper answered. “I think he’s reading or working on the patio.”

“Thanks, Jas,” I nodded, getting up from the couch and walking through my parents’ large mansion overlooking Lake Michigan. Emmett was working, typing on his laptop and reading files that were strewn on the table. “Emmett, can we talk?”

“Sure, Ed,” he said, closing his laptop and placing it on top of the files. “That night club, Bound and Gagged, sounds intriguing. They’re breaking ground this week. How did you manage to the plans approved so quickly?”

“I was motivated,” I chuckled. “If things work out, the club will be up and ready to go by Valentine’s Day. The owner said we’re VIPs and would get all of the perks, therein.” I sighed, sitting down across from him. I handed him my phone. “Read that.”

He skimmed Mom’s text and he grumbled lowly. “I’ll talk to her, Edward,” he said.

“No. You won’t. She disrespected me and disrespected my girlfriend,” I snapped. “She may not have to like me. Hell, I hate her guts, but I respect her because she’s your wife. She will know that if she talks about me like that, there will be consequences.”

“Are you going to kill my wife?” Emmett asked, his eyes wide.

“No, but she needs to know her place, Emmett. I’m going to be the head of this family. Not her. Her opinion doesn’t mean shit to me, but I will be respected,” I said, scrubbing my face. “Rose disrespected Bella, which is … well, it’s not fucking good, Emmett.”

“But, isn’t she just a date?” Emmett questioned, narrowing his eyes. He knew my history and even gave me shit because of my conquests and nightly visits to the Denali sisters. But, I expected that from him. He was my brother. And before he married Rosalie, he was doing the exact same fucking thing. I think he even had a threesome with Tanya and Irina.

Anyhow, I digress …

“No, Emmett. She’s everything,” I responded. “I never thought I’d understand what Mom and Dad feel, what you felt with Rose, what Jasper feels with Alice … I used women. I know that, but Bella? She will be my wife.” I reached into my pocket and tossed him the box which held Bella’s ring. He blew out a low whistle. “She’s different. I know we just met, but she’s my dolce.”

“Don’t go soft, bro,” Emmett said, getting up and handing me the ring. “It’s gorgeous. I’m certain she’ll love it. Small, though?”

“Bella … she’s not impressed by fancy things,” I chuckled. “But, what it lacks in size, it makes up in quality.” It was smaller than I wanted. I would have liked a ring that was ostentatious and bold, but I knew that Bella would not wear it. I wanted the world to know she was mine. This ring, it was gorgeous, but elegant in its simplicity. It was a two-carat cushion cut ring, with smaller round-cut diamonds around it and going down the double shank of the shoulders. I put the ring back into my pocket and walked toward the balcony, overlooking the lake. It was frigid, but with the heaters and lit fire, the patio was comfortable. “Once Rosalie comes back, I’m going to talk to her. You can’t … I need to do this for me and for Bella. I hope you understand.”

“I do, Edward. She did cross a line,” Emmett sighed. “I’m sorry.”

“EMMETT!” came the hyena-like voice of Rosalie. Speak of the devil … “Where the fuck are you? You’ll not believe what your mother did to me!” She teetered out onto the patio, huffing angrily. “She had the nerve to call me out about Edward’s skanky behavior. The guy is walking STI!”


“Emmett,” I hissed, turning to face them. Rose glowered at me, crossing her arms over her ample chest. “I need a word with your wife. Alone.”



1 comment:

  1. Holy Crap, I hope he scares the begeezes out of her!
    Rose is toast! LOL :D

    Looking forward to this posting :D

    ReplyDelete