Sunday, April 2, 2017

The Magic Within Update

TMW Chapter 12 on FicPad

TMW Chapter 12 on AO3

TMW Chapter 12 on Stars

TMW Chapter 12 on FFn

TMW Chapter 12 on Wattpad

“Why are you scared?” Bella asked, her hand sliding into mine.

“We’re out in the open,” I said. “We’re not exactly human right now. We stick out.”

“This place is protected, camouflaged by magic,” Carmen explained. “Now, let’s begin.”

Emmett walked out and he rolled his head. He gave me a smirk, dragging me to a large padded set of mats in the middle of the yard. I didn’t know the first thing about how to fight. I looked at Emmett’s massive form and I knew that I was going to squashed like a bug. “Be kind to me, Em. I’m a nerd who can win your court case with some sort of technicality. I don’t know how to fight.”

“You think I’m going to just go at you, feeding you to the wolves?” Emmett chuckled. “I’m going to show you how to fight and then I’m going to kick your ass.”

“Thanks, Emmett. I appreciate it,” I deadpanned. “Just don’t break anything.”

“Don’t freeze off my nuts. I want to be able to use them. Rosie and me? Damn …” he growled. He picked up some athletic tape. “Hands. I don’t want you to rip open your knuckles.” He made quick work of taping my hands and then picking up some pads, placing them on his hands. He worked with me, teaching me various hitting techniques and putting them into combinations, effectively incapacitating an attacker.

An hour into our training session, I took a slug of water. “Emmett, this is great for fighting humans, but we’re not fighting humans. We’re fighting werewolves, vampires, dark elves. They’re not going to use these fighting techniques. They’re going to come at us with magic and manipulations.”
Emmett’s eyes darkened and he flew out at me. Using my instincts, I held up my hands, creating an impenetrable wall of ice. Emmett snarled, jumping it easily and dropping the practice pads. I froze my hands, blocking him and watching as his skin turn a sickly gray from frost bite with each hit. Emmett twisted and flipped out of my line of fire. He held up his hands in surrender. I panted, glaring at him. “What’s your point, Emmett?”

“You used your instincts and combined with your magic, you are a force to be reckoned with,” Emmett said. “Damn, though. Ice block hands? I think my ribs are frozen solid.” Rose darted over, healing him easily and kissing his lips. “Thanks, babe.”

“No problem,” Rose said. “Don’t break my boyfriend.”

“Sorry, Rose,” I replied, relaxing and letting my body heat up. My ‘ice block hands’ melted. Carmen walked over to me, Bella following close behind. “You knew that was going to happen.”


“No, I didn’t,” Carmen said. “However, I knew that you would be a formidable warrior. Just like your father.”

No comments:

Post a Comment