Sunday, February 19, 2017

The Magic Within Update

TMW Chapter 7 on FicPad

TMW Chapter 7 on AO3

TMW Chapter 7 on Stars

TMW Chapter 7 on FFn

TMW Chapter 7 on Wattpad

Waking up, I was warm. Very warm. My entire being was on fire and it felt amazing. Blinking my eyes open, everything seemed sharper, more colorful and more in focus. The smells of the room were more fragrant. Some, not so pleasant, but I was more aware of them. Looking down, I saw that Bella was curled on my chest, her cheeks flushed and her face relaxed. The bruises on her face had faded significantly and her hair was draped over my chest in mahogany curls.

This is not good. She’s my client.

I tried to move her, but Bella tightened her arms around me, whimpering quietly. She snuggled closer, burying her nose into my neck. “Bella,” I whispered, trying loosen her hold on me. She sighed, her eyes fluttering against my neck. I felt her smile. “Um, this is awkward,” I laughed.

“No. It’s nice,” she giggled, her hand gliding across my belly. “You’re like a human ‘Chillow.’ You know, one of those pillows that are constantly cold? It feels so nice against my heated skin.”

“I’ll have to take your word for it,” I said, rubbing her back. “As nice as this is, you’re still my client. And this is crossing so many lines that are highly unethical and very unprofessional. You want to divorce your husband? Your husband. You’re still legally married to him. You don’t want to give him proof of you cheating.”

“We’re not cheating, Edward,” she said, sitting up and giving me a mock glare. “We fell asleep and it’s not like we had sex.”

“There was snuggling,” I chuckled. “Snuggling usually leads to other things, like sex.” I pinched my nose, sliding out of the bed and padding to the window. I leaned against the frame, watching as ice cracked from my hands. I had to get my temper under control. “I have to finish the order of protection and get it submitted to the court. I’m sorry.” I stomped to the nightstand, grabbing my laptop and smiling tightly at Bella before I ducked into my room. I sent a text to Carmen.

I don’t know if I can handle this case with Bella ~ Edward

Too bad … you’re stuck with her. Trust me ~ Carm

“Fuck,” I spat. I dialed her, sneaking into the bathroom. “Carmen, pick up the damn phone.”

“Edward, I’m holding firm on this,” she said as she answered the phone call. “You have to trust me.”

“You know something,” I said. “And it’s not about her case. Why are you so insistent that I work with her?”

“Do you know where I live?” she asked.

“Yes. I’ve been to your house numerous times. Christmas party? Marcus’s birthday? Heidi’s wedding thingy?” I snorted.

“Just to the north of my house is a gated home. The pin number to enter is 1918. Meet me there after you file Bella’s order of protection,” Carmen said. “I need you to know more than what I can tell you over the phone.”

“Carm?” I barked.

“Just be there, Edward,” she said. “I’ll explain everything. I promise.”













No comments:

Post a Comment