Sunday, January 15, 2017

The Magic Within Update

TMW Chapter 3 Update on FicPad

TMW Chapter 3 Update on AO3

TMW Chapter 3 Update on STARS

TMW Chapter 3 Update on FFn

TMW Chapter 3 Update on Wattpad

After Carmen left with Bella, I sat in the empty conference room trying to come to grips to the hollowness I felt. It wasn’t until Marcus came back that I flew into action, calling my contact at the Seattle Police Department, Detective Emmett McCarty, to meet with Carmen and Bella at Harbor View Medical Center.

Emmett and I played football in high school. We were close in high school, but drifted apart when we went to college. After my breakdown, when I began working for legal aid, I ran into him at one of the precincts. He’d arrested one of my clients. We got to talking and exchanged numbers. Whenever I needed a cop, I called him and he pulled through. Every time.

I also made a reservation at a hotel near the office, using my name. Bella and I were traveling for business and needed adjoining rooms. I didn’t know her last name, so I used my birth name as her surname, Bella Masen.

Yeah, I was adopted by the parents from hell. Okay, not from hell, but definitely from purgatory. Alice and I were the accessory children for Esme and Carlisle Cullen. Esme was a home maker, housewife, and chair to numerous charities. Carlisle was a decorated state senator, who was running for congress in this election. From what Alice told me, Carlisle had a good chance of winning.

When we were kids, Alice and I had everything we could have ever wanted. We were loved, protected and cherished. However, if we made a mistake, it was hell. I got a speeding ticket and I was forced to sleep in my car for a month. Alice got a C on a midterm and she was grounded for the rest of the academic school year. Our parents only expected perfection. Mom was more lenient than Carlisle, but she was still strict. So, an adoptive son with mental health issues?

Not an option for the cookie-cutter, perfect Cullen clan.

Hence, my parents disinheriting me and giving everything to my sister.


Bitter much, Cullen? 

Edward Masen Cullen

Bella B. 

Detective Emmett McCarty

Alice Brandon Cullen

Carmen


No comments:

Post a Comment