Saturday, January 21, 2017

Out of the Darkness Update

OOTD Chapter 8 Update on FicPad

OOTD Chapter 8 Update on AO3

OOTD Chapter 8 Update on STARS

OOTD Chapter 8 Update on FFn

OOTD Chapter 8 Update on Wattpad

I woke up, my head was pounding and my arm aching, but not as bad as I thought it would be. I looked around, seeing that I was in the same room when I woke up after my attack. The same chocolate lab was curled up next to me. His tail was thumping on the bed. “Hey pooch,” I said, scrubbing behind his ears. I got up and stumbled to the bathroom. I was dressed in a pair of pajamas, my own pajamas. Clumsily, I peed and tied my hair into a messy ponytail. When I walked back into the room, Edward was sitting on the bed with some breakfast on a tray. “How long was I asleep?”

“It’s a little after noon,” Edward replied, shifting uncomfortably on the bed. “How are you feeling?”

“Dizzy and a little woozy,” I murmured. He shot up, helping me back to the bed. “Thanks. How did I get here?”

“I drove us,” Edward answered, covering me with a blanket. “With Riley roaming around Port Angeles, I wanted to get you out of there. I hope you don’t mind.”

“Being here? No. You changing me? Yes,” I said, arching a brow.

“Would you believe me if I told you that you changed yourself?” he asked, his ears turning pink. I shook my head. “Covered my eyes?”

“You’re a guy, Edward. I’m not wearing a bra,” I deadpanned.

“I didn’t look. Honest,” he breathed, tugging on his hair. “Are you hungry?”

“A little, but I’m afraid that my stomach will revolt. My belly is unsettled from the medications from last night,” I said.

“Eat what you can, pretty Bella,” he said, looking up at me expectantly. I arched a brow. “I swear that I didn’t look. I just know that you were covered in coffee grounds and smelled like a hospital.”

“It’s okay, Edward. I’m just …” I blushed. I was ashamed of my body. I was covered with scars and reminders of my harsh childhood. “This smells good.”

“Thank you,” he said. “Do you want coffee, tea, milk?”

“Tea or milk,” I answered. “Probably milk because of my arm.”

“I’ll be back,” Edward smiled crookedly. I picked up the fork and tucked into the most delicious meal I’d eaten. Ever. Memories of his great cooking came to my thoughts, of the last time I had woken up in Edward’s home. Edward came back with a tall glass of milk and cup of something steaming. “I made both. This tea is supposedly soothing for the soul. A friend of mine bought it for me.”

“Do you need soothing?” I quipped.

“Sometimes,” he chuckled. “How’s the food?”

“Amazing,” I smiled. “You’re a great cook.”

“Thank you,” he replied. “Eat up. You need your strength so you can heal quickly.”

“I can’t eat all of this,” I said.

“Whatever you don’t finish, I’ll devour,” he laughed, but sobering quickly. “Look, Bella, I know you don’t know me very well, but I am so hesitant to have you stay in that apartment. With Riley … he could show up at any point and you’re not protected in that apartment ... there’s no security and …”

“What are you saying, Edward?” I asked.


“Riley is very dangerous, Bella,” he said, his hands clenching into harsh fists. “He’s a monster.” He looked up at me, his hand wrapping around my good one. “I’d like you to stay with me.”

Bella's Classroom




No comments:

Post a Comment