Monday, December 26, 2016

The One That Got Away Update

TOTGA Chapter 42 Update on FicPad

TOTGA Chapter 42 Update on AO3

TOTGA Chapter 42 Update on STARS

TOTGA Chapter 42 Update on FFn

TOTGA Chapter 42 Update on Wattpad

His cell phone ringing woke them both up from their post-coital snooze. It was Esme asking when Edward would be home. Edward wanted to spend the night with Bella. He truly did, but his early shift the following morning coupled with the fact that he missed his kids made him leave around eight, just before the twins’ bedtime. “Soon, Bella. Soon, we’ll be able to sleep together and not be separated.”

“I know. I have to unpack and do laundry,” she said, kissing his swollen lips. “Give snuggles to your kiddos for me.”

“You could join me. Spend the night with me,” Edward said, tugging on her hand.

“I’d rather not,” she said, her smile falling. “I don’t want to run into your dad again.”

“Asshole,” Edward sighed. He took her face in his hands, caressing the apples of her cheeks with his thumbs. “I adore you and I’ll see you tomorrow? Family dinner with the twin terrors?”

“How about the day after? I promised Dad and Sue that I’d go out with them,” she said. “To make up for last time.”

“Okay, okay,” Edward pouted. He kissed her tenderly. “I love you, Bella. I’m so happy you’re home.”

“I love you,” she whispered, snuggling against his body. He squeezed her before getting into his car. He drove back to his house and saw the twins watching television with his mom and dad.

“Daddy!” Lucy squealed, running toward her father. Edward caught her, ruffling her strawberry blonde curls. “We missed you. Nana said you had a date. With Miss Bella?”

“She arrived from Seattle today, Luce,” Edward said. “I wanted to see her.”

“Was her trip good?” Esme asked, sipping her water. “She drove, right?”

“It was long, but she made it one piece,” Edward explained, sitting in the overstuffed chair across from his parents. Both of his children clambered into his lap. “We’re going out, the four of us, the day after tomorrow.”

“Why not tomorrow?” Liam asked.

“She’s got plans with her dad,” Edward said, leaning his cheek against his son’s head.

Esme smacked Carlisle. “Don’t you have something to say, Carlisle?”

He looked at his wife and his happy son, but scowled. “I’m going to bed,” he replied grumpily.

He got up, leaving them in the family room. Esme sighed. “He’ll come around, Edward.”

“I don’t want him around if he continues to act this way, Mom,” Edward argued. “He’s the main reason why I’m leaving. His behavior toward Bella and his harsh words. He made her cry, Mom!” He remembered his children’s ears and he couldn’t continue. “I’m sorry, but that’s how I feel.”

“I understand, sweetheart,” she said, looking at her son.

No comments:

Post a Comment