Tuesday, December 27, 2016

A Thin Line Between Love and Hate Update

ATLBLAH Chapter Two Update on FicPad

ATLBLAH Chapter Two Update on AO3

ATLBLAH Chapter Two Update on FFn

ATLBLAH Chapter Two Update on STARS

ATLBLAH Chapter Two Update on Wattpad


“Lizzie, stop,” I growled. “You’ll meet Bella when I’m good and ready.”

“It’s been almost six months, Edward Anthony. Stop hogging her,” Elizabeth grumbled. “Are you ashamed of her? I mean, this is the longest relationship you’ve had.”

“It’s the only relationship I’ve ever had,” I countered. “Bella is everything I’ve ever dreamed of, but she’s still dealing with some personal issues and just now really letting me in.” I pinched my nose. “I promise to bring Bella to Tommy’s birthday next weekend. Will that be okay?”

“I suppose. I want to make sure that she’s making my big brother happy,” Elizabeth said. “I love you, Eddie, and you deserve to be happy.”

“I am happy,” I cooed. “Give my love to the boys. I’ve got to get back to work.”

“Okay. Love you, Eddie,” Elizabeth sang, hanging up.

I tossed my cell phone onto my desk. I was working on a new ad for a new hotel, a direct rival to Jacob Black, whom we’d dropped as a client shortly after the shenanigans in Atlantic City. I wanted to pour myself into this campaign and end that asshole.

Permanently.

His new vodka and hotel line, Hysteria, were doing tremendously well, despite the bad publicity that was leaked by an unknown source after the launch of the booze and opening of his grand hotel in Atlantic City. Jacob’s publicity team spun it and turned me into the asshole.

Okay, I was an asshole, at least where Jacob was concerned. He made some very inappropriate advances toward the woman of my dreams and made her shut herself away from the world. He brought up some very raw and horrific memories from her past. As a result, Bella ended up taking the rest of the year off, with Aro and Marcus’s blessing, to focus on getting her mind in the right place since she never really dealt with the molestation and rape from when she was a teenager. She would be coming back after the first of the year, with a new focus and new drive.

And I was by her side every step of the way … as she sobbed at her lost innocence … as she raged at her mother for not believing her when she told her and saying that she led Phil on … as she had nightmares, finally healing from her past.

But there was more to her pain. She couldn’t move past her pain until she got some closure.


It made for a rocky start to our relationship, but we went to couple’s therapy, trying to navigate our way through our feelings. I loved her and she loved me, but she was terrified of being touched intimately. She was afraid that she’d clam up, lash out or shut down. 

Rose's Wedding Dress (Church)



Rose's Reception Dress











Bella's Promise Ring

No comments:

Post a Comment