Thursday, December 22, 2016

Bonus! Out of the Darkness Update

OOTD Chapter Three Update on FicPad

OOTD Chapter Three Update on AO3

OOTD Chapter Three Update on FFn

OOTD Chapter Three Update on STARS

OOTD Chapter Three Update on Wattpad

I drove my car back to my house, fed Felix, and then flew back to Bella’s apartment. I was perched on a nearby roof, listening to her thoughts and my heart shattering at the nightmares she was having. It was a jumble of what had happened the night previous and other horrible memories.

“You know stalking is illegal almost everywhere in the world, Edward.” I turned around and saw my mentor and creator, Alice. I arched a brow, surprised to see her down here. She was assigned to work with the archangel Gabriel and usually was glued to his side.

“I’m not stalking, Alice. I’m protecting. There’s a difference, you know?” I argued. “Or, are you down here to warn me that this is another situation that I had with Hitler?”

“Quite the opposite, Edward. Isabella Swan is the epitome of goodness, but she’s at a crossroads” Alice said, sitting down on the edge of the building. “However, you can probably feel her pain, her sadness.”

“I can. More so than others,” I said. “Plus, I can’t stand being away from her. Do you know what this is?”

“I do,” she replied, giving me a coy little grin. “But, you have to figure it out on your own. There is a time limit, though. Bella, your Bella, is kindhearted, gentle, tender and loving. In the near future, something will happen to her and she will succumb to the darkness. She will be tempted, like you, and she will succumb to the temptation and those implications will be catastrophic. Or so I’ve been told.”

“She can’t,” I whispered. “When?”

“I don’t know that. But, if you are able to save her, you will be welcomed back to heaven,” she said. “She is important to all of us, Edward.”

“But, if I am welcomed back to heaven, I can’t watch over her,” I surmised. “I’m very attached to her and I don’t understand why.”

“All in good time, Edward,” Alice smirked. “Now, what is this writing you have on your body? Surely, this is not popular. Is it permanent?”

“What? The tattoos? They are permanent and a way for me to express myself,” I said, rolling up my sleeves. “I think it looks badass.”

“One of the newer angels has a bunch of these on his body,” Alice said, wrinkling her nose. “And 
mind your language, Edward. You may not be allowed in heaven, but you still represent Him.”

“I like them,” I shrugged, rolling my eyes at her admonishment about my language. If you only knew, Alice. I’ve got the mouth of a trucker. “I was afraid that the tattoo wouldn’t work since I’m immortal and all that jazz, but surprisingly enough, I got inked and it stuck. How are things up there?”

“Good. We got a few new recruits and we have our eyes on some potentials,” Alice said. “None of them are as promising as you were.”

“I’m a disappointment, Alice. I helped start World War II and the Holocaust,” I sighed. “I’m no longer promising. I’m a liability.”

“Lucifer tricked you. He tricked a number of you. It’s his way,” Alice said, rubbing my arm. “Besides, you understood that you made a mistake. This is why you were exiled and not stripped of your powers. Though, I can feel your pain, Edward. How badly was she injured?”

“If I hadn’t healed her, Bella would have died,” I explained. “I know I need to rest and I should eat, but I can’t just go. What if she needs me?”

“You’ll know,” Alice said. “Oh, and get into the twenty-first century.” She handed me a cell phone. “Quit being so stubborn, Edward. Having a cell phone won’t kill you. Even I have one.” She whipped out an iPhone, waggling it in my face.

“Who do you need to call?” I asked, stuffing the phone in my back pocket.

“For when I’m down here,” she shrugged. “Gabriel has me running errands and I’m spending more and more time down here. Having this is a necessity.” Alice put her cell phone into her pocket and unfurled her dainty wings. “Use it, Edward. Give your number to Bella.” She took off and disappeared into the clouds. I scowled at her, turning back to Bella’s window and grimacing at her nightmares.


She’d been violated so many times by foster fathers, foster brothers and even a boyfriend. The fact that she was so loving and open shocked me. The fact that she could be in the same room as me, a male, without freaking blew me out of the water. Edward … save me … 


No comments:

Post a Comment