Sunday, August 21, 2016

The One That Got Away Update

TOTGA Chapter 32 Update on FicPad

TOTGA Chapter 32 Update on AO3

TOTGA Chapter 32 Update on FFn

TOTGA Chapter 32 Update on TWCS

“I think you’ll enjoy this, Mrs. Marcosi,” Bella said, handing the historical romance to one of her favorite patrons. “I read it in about three days. I didn’t sleep I was so enthralled by it.”

“I’m looking forward to it. Thank you for calling me to let me know it was in,” Mrs. Marcosi beamed.

She tucked it into her faded library bag and scuttled out of the library. Alice glided in past her, tucking her umbrella into her purse. It was raining cats and dogs, as per usual in beautiful Seattle. “Hey, Bells. You ready for lunch?”

“Yeah. Let me get someone to relieve me from check-out hell,” Bella snickered. “There is a nasty strain of the flu going around and we’re all-hands on deck, filling in for all of the sick staff members. I miss my quiet corner on the seventh floor.”

“Oh, I know. Jasper is downright miserable and he does not have the flu. He’s moaning like he’s on his death bed, but he’s got a fucking cold. The man is such a pussy when he gets sick,” Alice chuckled, rolling her eyes. Bella called up to Linda’s office. A few moments later, Linda, her boss, came down and relieved Bella for her lunch hour. Slipping on her coat and grabbing her umbrella, she and Alice walked a few short blocks to a small café. After ordering their food and settling into a booth near a window, Alice asked, “So, what’s up? You were very secretive in your email, Bella.”

“Sorry about that,” Bella said, taking a sip of her soup. “There are a few things that I want to make you aware of. First off, here are my first ten chapters for Out of the Darkness. Let me know what you think about it and if I need to do anything. I’m not sure about the pacing and such.” Bella took out a silver flash drive, sliding across the knotted wood table.

“Awesome, I can’t wait to read this,” Alice smiled, palming the flash drive and tucking it into her purse. “What else?”

“You know that Edward came to visit a couple of weeks ago,” Bella murmured, a warm blush covering her cheeks. She so missed him and was desperate to see him again.

“And you walked with a limp for a week,” Alice quipped, waggling her brows. Bella rolled her eyes, tossing a chip at her best friend. “What? That man sexed you up real good. It’s about time you got some good loving.”

“Anyway,” Bella sang. “Besides having sex, we spent a lot of time talking while he was in Seattle.”
“Were you naked?”

“Mary Alice,” Bella groaned. “Can I finish?” Alice took a bite of her sandwich and Bella continued talking. “During our conversations, we discussed our future. Having a relationship while living on two separate coasts – it’s just not feasible. I know I’m miserable and honestly, so is Edward.”

“And when is he moving here?” Alice smirked.


“Um, never?” Bella squeaked. Alice stopped her spoon halfway from her bowl to her mouth. “Look, Edward has so much at stake. It makes the most sense for me to move back to Tampa.” Alice blinked at her blankly, her jaw dropping and her spoon clattering to the table. She stayed that way for a minute and then another, staring at her in disbelief. “Ali?” 

No comments:

Post a Comment