Friday, August 12, 2016

The One That Got Away Teaser

On Sunday night, Edward and Bella shared a meal in her condo, not wanting to be apart or be in public. He was leaving early the following morning and neither of them wanted their time to end. Sipping some wine, Bella sighed heavily. “What is it, Bella?” Edward asked.

“I don’t want you to go,” she frowned.

“If it’s any consolation, I don’t want to go either,” he replied. “But, we both have obligations.”

“Adulting sucks,” she grumped, getting up and picking up their plates. She began rinsing off the plates, anger coursing through her.

“So, let’s talk about it. I see a future with you, Bella. I want everything with you,” Edward said, wrapping his arms around her slender waist. “Obviously one of us needs to change locales since this long distance thing is not the easiest in the world.”

She turned around and looked up into his eyes. “I know that you’re finishing your residency at St. Joe’s and have accepted a position, a fellowship after your residency.”

“That’s right, but nothing is set in stone,” Edward explained. “I’ve looked around here for positions and there are options.”

“It’s not fair for you to uproot your whole family. You have to think about Liam and Lucy. You have the support of your parents and they are settled there,” Bella chided. “I can work at any library and can write from anywhere, really. New Moon Publishing, their main office is here in Seattle. I can fly back and forth for meetings with Jane. It’s easier for me to move back to Tampa.”

“But you moved away for a reason,” Edward frowned. “I don’t want you to feel that you have to move back.”

“I moved away because I couldn’t stand the way I felt around the people from high school. Angela and Ben were my only friends. Tanya and her crew of clones made my life a living hell. In some small way, I resent her and her power over me,” Bella growled. “But, I’m not that terrified girl anymore. I’m stronger and more comfortable in my skin. You know? Does it mean that Tampa is our forever home? That remains to be seen, but in the long-term, I think my moving back to Tampa seems to be the best solution.”

“You’d do that for me?” he asked, absolutely gob smacked that she would even consider moving back to Tampa.

“I’d do it for us. There’s one of me, three of you,” she giggled. “Granted, I’d have to look for a job, a place, put my condo on the market and trek my shit across the country. It will take time, but I’ll move back to Tampa.”

Edward smiled radiantly as he crushed her against his chest, kissing her face excitedly. Bella laughed until he plunged his tongue into her mouth, turning her laughter into wanton moans. Clothes flew everywhere and Edward took her, right in the kitchen, wanting to thank her with his body. She was willing to move across the country to be with him. To love him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment