Monday, August 8, 2016

Buying Love Update

Buying Love Chapter 86 Update on FicPad

Buying Love Chapter 86 Update on AO3

Buying Love Chapter 86 Update on FFn

Buying Love Chapter 86 Update on TWCS

The trial was starting today. It made for a very somber Valentine’s Day. Edward was distracted and nervous. Hell, so was I. We tried to celebrate, enjoying a meal in a private dining room at an exclusive restaurant, but it didn’t pan out that way. We ended up talking about the trial and getting into a fight about the trial and what was going to happen after it was finished. So, we went home and slept in separate bedrooms.

It sucked.

We both apologized the next day, but Edward was so on edge because of this uncertainty. I didn’t blame him. Truly, I didn’t. Esme tortured the man for ten years of his life and he was moving forward with his life, but that was put on pause until the trial was over.

During the trial, Edward and I were not allowed in the courtroom. We were going to testify for the prosecution and were scheduled to be up at the end of the week. Almost everyone who had testified at the grand jury were going to be testifying at the trial, with the exception of a few people. Elianna had a nervous breakdown and was hospitalized. She was heavily medicated and unable to testify.

“I’m going to work out,” Edward said. He was wearing a tight shirt and a pair of shorts. “I just can’t sit here and …”

“Do you want company?” I asked.

“Probably not. The punching bag and I have a date,” he deadpanned. “Jasper may join me since he’s feeling the same way as I am, but it all depends on whether or not he can get a ride to the hotel after meeting with Dr. Benson.”

“I can send a car,” I suggested. Alice and Jasper moved into a furnished apartment after the first of the year. Their home was on the market down in Los Angeles and they were in the process of moving. However, they wanted to focus their attention on the trial and finding a job for both Alice. She put in for a transfer in her advertising firm, but was denied. She was looking around in the Seattle advertising market, but working remotely until she was hired full-time.

“It’s okay, Bella,” Edward said. Grabbing a water bottle, he gave me a tight smile and left our penthouse suite. I slumped back, crossing my arms over my chest. Edward was so morose and I understood his feelings. But, I didn’t like them. Slipping on some shoes, I went downstairs to do some work for the hotel. I was taking time off for the trial, but was still able to do my job. Someone had to do it. Uncle Peter had to deal with some issue with one of the hotels in New York and Charlie was still incommunicado.

That. Pissed. Me. Off.


Your daughter nearly fucking dies and you disappear? Smooth, Charlie. Really smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment