Friday, July 15, 2016

Buying Love Update

Buying Love Chapter 79 Update on FicPad

Buying Love Chapter 79 Update on AO3

Buying Love Chapter 79 Update on FFn

Buying Love Chapter 79 Update on TWCS

I pulled up the letter and saw Jared’s hand-written note to me. His script was bold and easy to read, but the writing was shaky, like he was crying or sad. “Dear Edward …”

If you’re reading this, son, that means that I’ve left this world. I really wanted to see you again before I died, but something was niggling in my brain that I needed to get my affairs in order. After I met with your Bella earlier this year, who is so incredibly beautiful, Edward, I contacted Marcus Volturi. I remained close with their family after I resigned from my job. With Marcus’s help, I set up an inheritance.

For you.

My son died and I thought I lost a part of myself when he died. My marriage quickly unraveled and I was alone. When I started working for Buying Love, I saw something in you that reminded me of my boy. I also saw that your light was dimming because of what Esme was forcing you to do. I did not want you to have the same fate as my son. I refused to let that happen. I worked with your Bella and Carlisle, obtaining a search warrant for Esme’s office and home. We got you out. I was so happy that you got out. I was supposed to see you the day that your mother was taken from the nursing home, but that never came to fruition, due to some very obvious circumstances.

Regardless of whether or not I saw you, I knew one thing for certain. I loved you and I always will. You gave me another son to love and to dote on, but I am so incredibly sad that I never got to say it to your face. My absence will undoubtedly hurt, Edward. Just like I will miss you, even though I’m gone. However, I wanted to give you something that you could use to start a new life. It’s not much, but I 
needed to do this.

Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there. I did not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning’s hush
I am swift uplifting rush

Of quiet birds circled flight.
I’m am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there. I did not die.

These words by Mary Elizabeth Frye will probably offer you little solace, Edward, but I am with you, just like your own biological father is with you, protecting you always. You are the son of my heart. I was given another chance to make it right and I hope that I have.

All of my love,

Jared 

No comments:

Post a Comment