Friday, June 17, 2016

Buying Love Update

Buying Love Chapter 74 Update on FicPad

Buying Love Chapter 74 Update on AO3

Buying Love Chapter 74 Update on FFn

Buying Love Chapter 74 Update on TWCS

It was just before Christmas and I was cleared to go home.

Finally.

I could have gone home sooner, but I caught a cold, which turned into an upper-respiratory infection and then turned into bronchitis, morphing into pneumonia. My immune system was shot because of the damage to my lung. I lost nearly two weeks of recovery time because I was chained to my bed with my oxygen and nebulizer. The doctor even went so far as suggesting intubating me, but I adamantly refused. That meant being put under again and no. Not gonna happen.

After that, I had to start from scratch for everything. Despite the fact that Embry came in to work with me on my leg exercises in my room, I still lost most of the momentum I’d gained from being at the rehabilitation hospital.

Though, when I did walk my one hundred yards, unassisted, I felt so proud. It was even better than when I got my master’s degree. However, at the end of my walk, Edward whooped and scooped me in his arms, hugging me so tightly, murmuring that he loved me. I broke down in tears, clinging to him. He sat down on one of the instruments of torture in the gym, holding me in his lap. “No crying, bellissima,” he cooed, wiping my tears away. “This is a good thing. You get to go home, now.”

“But, where’s home?” I whispered.

“What do you mean?” he replied.

I sobered up, noticing that everyone had left. Carlisle and Rose had been there, cheering me on, but obviously gave me some privacy to talk to Edward. “I don’t feel comfortable staying at the hotel, Edward. With the situation with my dad and all.”

“Where could you go?” Edward asked, his hand gently rubbing my back.

“I don’t own any property. The house from my marriage, Riley got to keep it since I had always planned on staying in the penthouse at Swan Towers,” I sighed. “I can’t exactly go out and search for a house. That hundred yards kicked my ass.”

“Also, keep in mind that you’re going to be testifying for the grand jury next week,” Edward gently reminded me. “Bella, as far as you know, your father is still on the other side of the world, scoping out locations for his next new luxury resort. That doesn’t make it right. He should be here for you. If he loved you as much as he said he did, he would have never left, despite your suggestion.”

“You’re so fucking intelligent,” I said, leaning my head against his shoulder. “How did you get to be so smart?”


“I’m not smart, Bella. I just speak from the heart,” he shrugged. 

No comments:

Post a Comment