Monday, November 16, 2015

Buying Love Update

Buying Love Chapter Eighteen Update on FicPad

Buying Love Chapter Eighteen Update on AO3

Buying Love Chapter Eighteen Update on FFn

Buying Love Chapter Eighteen Update on TWCS

“You seem quiet, Edward,” Jared murmured. “Are you okay?”

“I’m fine,” I answered absent-mindedly. “Tired.” I stared out the window as we drove through downtown Seattle to Swan Towers. I sighed, resting my cheek on my hand.

“You can talk to me, Edward. You seem to get sadder and sadder each time I see you,” Jared frowned. “Do you need money?”

I need a new fucking job and to get away from the Devil who wears Prada. “Money can’t help me, Jared. I’m a lost cause,” I said, sharing too much. If Esme found out that Jared knew about our deal, he’d be … I couldn’t risk having him get hurt? Or worse, Esme’s wrath on my mom.

“You’re not, Edward. Don’t ever say that. I’m worried about you. Please, talk to me,” Jared pleaded.

“I can’t, Jared,” I whispered, closing my eyes. I can’t run the risk of you talking to Esme and … I shook my head, looking back up to my driver. I had to deflect the conversation. “Did Esme tell you about my new client?”

“She did. Congratulations,” Jared replied, his eyes filled with worry for me. He pulled up to the front entrance of Swan Towers. I got out, slinging my bag over my shoulders. I groaned inwardly at the pain I felt in my arms. Jared got out and he stopped me. He was a tall man, just a few inches taller than me. He put his hands on my shoulders. I kept my face impassive, but the slight pressure he put on my arms was killing me. “I don’t know your story, Edward. I know you’re a good kid and that you’ve had a hard life. If there’s anything that I can do to help you. Please?” He handed me a card. “This is my personal cell number. If you need me, I’ll be there for you. You remind me so much of my son. I lost him at a young age and I don’t want to lose you, too.”

“I’m sorry,” I muttered. “What happened?”

“He died, committed suicide,” Jared answered. 


Jared

No comments:

Post a Comment