Sunday, June 28, 2015

Surviving the Teenage Dream Update

City of Lights, Chapter 25 on FicPad

City of Lights, Chapter 25 on TWCS

City of Lights, Chapter 25 on FFn

City of Lights, Chapter 25 on AO3

“We obviously didn’t think this through,” I snickered, trying to dry myself before we went inside. I plucked at my dress, wrinkling my nose. “I don’t want to track all of this water inside. This house is amazing and too nice for us to ruin the floors with the chlorinated water.”

“Mom, stop being such a party pooper,” Mia giggled. “This was too much fun.”

“It was a lot of fun,” I said, sitting down on the chaise lounge next to my husband. I wasn’t going to dry out any time soon. I needed to toss all of our clothes into the washer. Edward wrapped his arms around my waist, nuzzling my neck. “I think the most fun was when we pushed your dad into the pool.” Edward growled lowly. I pinched his hand, giggling quietly.

“Yeah, that was oodles of fun,” Edward chuckled against my neck. “I personally enjoyed tossing Owen in the pool.”

“You just liked watching me doggy paddle, Dad. I’m an awesome swimmer,” Owen snorted. He really wasn’t, but it was because he was afraid of the water as a child. “This pool is awesome, though. So much warmer than our pool at home.”

“It’s on a cliff, facing the sun for a majority of the day. Plus, the temperature doesn’t really get below freezing,” Edward replied, moving me to sit between his legs. “So, are we going to the beach tomorrow?”

“Let’s sleep in a little bit, but that sounds awesome. I can’t wait to see Dad surf!” Kyra said. Edward rolled his eyes. “Mom, do you think we’re dry enough to go claim our rooms?”

“I think so,” I replied. “Make sure you hang up your clothes from your luggage in the closets.” The kids all got up, walking inside. I could see them dribbling from their clothes and I knew that I’d probably have to scour the floors before I went to bed. I didn’t want the owner of the house to think that we were slobs, ruining the very expensive wood floors.

“I can’t believe you pushed me into the pool,” Edward growled playfully, once the kids were inside. He gently tickled my sides. I squirmed until he embraced me, his lips finding the sensitive spot behind my ear. I melted against his chest as he smoothly asked, “What made you do that?”

“Because I could,” I laughed. “For the first time in a couple of weeks, I feel free and I …” I trailed off, leaning my head against his shoulder.

“I understand, gorgeous,” he whispered, his lips finding my temple. “You just wanted to let loose. I’ve missed hearing you laugh.”

“I’ve missed laughing,” I sighed.

Rental home in Brentwood











Venice Beach










Kai

Sean

Bella's Dress




Rose's Dress





Kyra's Dress




Mia's Dress




Edward

Owen

Masen

Tim


Rose's Bentley

Griffith Park




La Brea Tar Pits

Kodak Theater



No comments:

Post a Comment