Friday, June 19, 2015

Surviving the Teenage Dream Update

Changing and Healing ~ Chapter Twenty-Four on FicPad

Changing and Healing ~ Chapter Twenty-Four on TWCS

Changing and Healing ~ Chapter Twenty-Four on FFn

Changing and Healing ~ Chapter Twenty-Four on AO3

“Dad?” came the sweet voice of my oldest daughter. She came into my office, wearing some sort of beach cover up thing. I saved the work, turning to my daughter. “What are you working on?”

“Finalizing orders and checking on our numbers for this quarter,” I explained, closing my laptop. “What’s up, principessa?

“Um, Aunt Rose called to see if all of us want to go to the beach,” Kyra replied. “Steve said he’d drive us down to the city since I’m not comfortable driving in Chicago.” I growled lowly when she mentioned Steve. He was a good guy, saved my family, but he was still a twenty-five year old man lusting over my teenage daughter. I mean, she was jailbait. “Dad, stop snarling.”

“Kyra, he’s so much older than you,” I said, arching a brow over my reading glasses, trying to keep my temper in check.

“You’re older than Mom,” Kyra argued. I shot her a glare. Kyra just smirked crookedly, crossing her arms over her chest. “Besides, we’re just friends. That’s all. Don’t get your boxers in a wad.” I cleared my throat, hardening my stare. Kyra blushed, biting her lip. Twisting her hands, she looked up at me, “I’m sorry, Dad. But don’t worry, please? I like Steve but not like that. We’re friends. Friends. That’s all.”

I pinched my nose, taking a cleansing breath. Friends, my ass, but I’ve got to chill out. Deep breaths, Cullen. In through your nose and out through your mouth. Opening my eyes, I looked back at my daughter.  “Don’t forget that we all need to pack for our trip to Los Angeles, Kyra. Have you started?” I asked. My daughter nodded as the rest of my children came down stairs, also dressed to go to the beach.

In reality, having them go out was probably for the best. Bella’s sleep schedule was now erratic. Sometimes I could keep the nightmares away and other times, she fought me, tooth and nail, all night long. Last night was the latter. She was currently up in our bedroom, sleeping, thanks to a tranquilizer. We also had an appointment at a psychiatrist’s office to get her evaluated in the late evening today. “Okay, you all can go. Do you have things packed to stay overnight?”

“We got them, Daddy,” Mia responded, patting her bag. “Aunt Rose said for us to bring stuff to stay over. We’re going to Navy Pier for dinner.”

I put my laptop on the table, walking to the kitchen. Pulling out my wallet, I handed Kyra all of the cash I had inside. “Have fun tonight and call before you go to bed, okay?”

“Thanks, Daddy,” Kyra said, kissing my cheek before handing out the money to her siblings, dividing it evenly among them. “I love you.”

“I love you guys more,” I said, hugging all of them before they clambered out into Steve’s newly purchased Jeep. “Buckle up and be safe.” Kyra waved before turning to Steve as he helped into the passenger seat. His ears were red as he smiled sweetly at my daughter. “Friends, my ass,” I repeated out loud as I closed the door, watching them as they drove away from the house.









Brentwood House












Press Junket Outfit

Meeting Outfit

No comments:

Post a Comment