Saturday, August 2, 2014

La Cantante Repost

La Cantante on FicPad

La Cantante on AO3

La Cantante on TWCS

The rest of our winter break went by quickly. It’s amazing that during the school year, the days we’re actually in school go by so slowly. The breaks go by incredibly fast. I wanted to spend more time with my fiancée.

My fiancée.

So happy.

However, if you want to be a teacher, you have to go to college. As much as I wanted to spend the next eight months with Bella in our bed, happily ensconced in each other’s arms, it wasn’t a possibility. At least, we were living together and things could not be going any better in that realm. Bella was afraid of us getting sick of each other if we lived together, but that was never the case. We each did our own things when we wanted to. We were together when we wanted to be. The best part of living together, aside from Bella’s cooking, was being able to sleep in each other’s arms every night. I loved that. I slept so poorly while Bella was in Seattle. I was so used to feeling her against my chest as she slept. I resorted in putting one of her t-shirts onto a pillow and sleeping on that to try and trick my body that Bella was with me.

It didn’t work. It lacked her warmth and snuggly nature.

On Saturday evening before school started, almost everyone, with the exception of Jasper, was back on campus. Bella told everyone to come to our apartment for some dinner and relaxation before the new semester began. Rosalie and Alice came over first, carrying a cake. Rose told us that Emmett was getting some provisions in the form of beer and would be at our apartment shortly. Bella made some chicken parmesan and pasta for dinner. She set out the food and told everyone to dig in, buffet style. Emmett buzzed the apartment a few minutes later. I let him in and gave him a plate. He handed me two cases of beer for us and handed me some foofy drinks for the girls. I tossed the beer and the drinks into the fridge. I made myself a plate and sat down in the living room, on the floor near Bella’s feet. We all ate in comfortable silence, enjoying Bella’s delicious meal.

“Bella, we may have to make this a weekly tradition,” Emmett said with a mouthful of pasta.

“What?” she asked as she took a sip of some water.

“Having dinner at the mini-Cullen Castle,” he replied.


“Oh, that’s cool. I like cooking. You okay with that, Edward?” she asked as she scratched my head. I swallowed my bite of chicken and nodded, giving her a lopsided smirk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment