Thursday, July 10, 2014

A Ilha do Amor Update

A Ilha do Amor on FicPad

A Ilha do Amor on TWCS

A Ilha do Amor on AO3
“Mom, I don’t see why I should wear this fancy gown,” I grumbled. I was at my final fitting for my dress for the Newsroom Awards. “I could just wear one of the many bridesmaid dresses from the numerous weddings I stood up for.”

“Psssh,” Renee chided. “The invitation said black tie, Isabella. None of those dresses would be appropriate. This is stunning.” My dress was another Zuhair Murad creation. I loved the designer and it seemed to be cut exactly for my body. It was form-fitting with a slit up to my hoo-ha. The fabric was a flesh-colored chiffon with black sequins jutting out from an embellishment on my hip. The dress had one shoulder and it was truly gorgeous and undeniably sexy. But who are you trying to be sexy for? Edward ain’t coming, chickadee. My mom’s voice broke me from my cranky inner-musings. “I’m so proud of you, Bella. I have a feeling that you’re going to win!”

“I’m up against some really great articles, Mom,” I said, turning around once the seamstress walked away. The dress fit me like a glove. I just needed it hemmed since I was a midget. I fussed with the train of the dress before turning back around. “If I win, I’ll be happy. I went out on top. You know? If I don’t win, then at least it was nominated.”

“You’re always on top, Bella. I’m just so happy for you,” she smiled, kissing my cheek.

“Thanks, Mom. Now, did you get your dress?” I asked. “You know it’s in like a week, Mom.”

“I have a dress. It’s hanging up in my closet, sweetie,” Renee smirked. “It’s nowhere near as elegant as yours, but I think it’s pretty.”

“You’ll have to show me,” I said.

“Come over for dinner and I will,” she replied, helping me off the pedestal. I nodded. I had taken a half day to have my dress finished. I was pretty much burning my sick leave. It was a use it or lose it type of situation. Mom had an institute day and joined me after her morning of meetings at her school. With her help, I took off my dress. The seamstress came to press it once more before we paid for the final alterations. Taking the dress, I laid it on the backseat and followed my mom to their house. Parking on the street, I went inside, flopping down on the couch. “Have you talked to Edward?”

“Only short conversations,” I grumbled.

“Bella, I know you’re upset that he couldn’t make it. His job is important to him,” Mom said, sitting next to me and handing me a water bottle. “I know that this is a big deal for you, but you have to be supportive his decisions, too.”

“I know,” I sighed, pressing a pillow to my face. “I just…I don’t know. He’s doing amazing things down at the resort. You’re going to love it, by the way.”

“I’m looking forward to spending two weeks down there,” Mom beamed. “A second honeymoon for your father and me.”

“But, I’m just pissed that he can’t make it for one fucking day,” I growled, pounding the couch.

“Language, Isabella,” she chided.

“Sorry,” I pouted.

“How long is the flight?” Mom asked, arching a brow.

“Eighteen hours, if you don’t have a connecting flight,” I explained, sounding like a petulant child.

“It wouldn’t be one ‘fucking’ day,” she reasoned. “Minimally, it would be four. One day to fly, the day of the award ceremony, staying to celebrate for the day following and then his departure.”

I rolled my eyes, twisting my engagement ring angrily. She was right, but it still pissed me off to no end. 

Bella's Dress

Renee's Dress

Becca's Dress

W Hotel in Seattle



The infamous windows...



Newsroom Awards







The Newsroom Award

Pervy Pic Teaser #1

Pervy Pic Teaser #2

No comments:

Post a Comment