Saturday, June 14, 2014

La Cantante Repost

La Cantante on FicPad

La Cantante on TWCS

La Cantante on AO3



Bella said yes.

We were engaged.  

We were getting married!

I looked at the sleeping angel in my arms. Her long beautiful hair was splayed across the pillows, covering my arm. She looked so content, her face relaxed and her mouth slightly open. I ran my fingers down her arm and looked at her left hand. It was resting on top of my chest. Her engagement ring was sparkling in the early morning sunlight spilling into our room. I couldn’t stop smiling as I tenderly ran my fingers over her ring. She was mine, forever. I was so happy. I pressed a kiss to her forehead before I extricated myself from her arms. She sighed and her brow furrowed before reaching for my pillow. She found it, inhaling deeply and settled back to sleep.

I put on my boxers and padded into the living room of the suite. I opened up the drapes of the room and looked out to a sunny Seattle. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes.

“Mom, I know that it’s been a while since I’ve talked to you,” I whispered. “Things have been crazy but I wanted to let you know that I’m happy. So incredibly happy. I’ve met someone. Mom, she’s perfect. You would have loved her. She’s my soul mate, my other half.”

I walked to the huge arm chair and curled up in it. “Her name is Isabella. However, she likes to be called Bella. Her name is perfect for her. It means beautiful in Italian and that’s what she is. Beautiful, both inside and out. She has long, dark hair, and deep brown eyes that you can get lost in. She’s a musician, like you were. She’s actually a music education major at Emerson University. She’s brilliant, kind-hearted, selfless, giving and gentle.

“We met on the first day that she moved in. She literally ran into me. I felt this jolt through my body when we touched. To my surprise, that jolt completed me. At the time, I thought nothing of it. However, I was enamored with her beauty. I invited her and my sister, Alice. You remember Alice? The crazy pixie. Anyhow, I invited her and Alice to a party where my band was playing. We wanted to sing this song but we needed a female vocalist. I don’t think Jasper would have liked singing in falsetto. So, I asked Alice and she said no. Bella offered and we practiced backstage. Mom, her voice is beautiful. She sounds like an angel. I almost think that she is an angel. Well, we rehearsed and performed for this party. For the first time since you died, my heart felt whole. I didn’t feel lost. It was because of my Bella. I was your singer. Bella is mine. She is my singer, my life, my love.
 
“I knew at that moment that she was it for me. We’ve had some bumps in the road, but we’re happy. She’s helped me tremendously in healing and coming to terms with your death. She also guided Carlisle in letting me become a music major. However, we compromised and like Bella I’m a music education major. I begin my classes for my new major this coming semester. I’m so excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment