Friday, June 27, 2014

Friends with Benefits Teaser


I put my phone back into my purse and darted to the tree. Riley took some more photos with the bridesmaids and then some with Carlisle and Esme before we all got onto the huge party bus to drive us to the cathedral. Inside, Riley walked around, taking more photos of the church and the flowers that adorned the altar. Alice was in the bride’s room, trying not to throw up. Esme had some saltines and ginger ale, encouraging her daughter to eat, nibble at the food.

The priest came and checked on us before shuffling to the front of the church, preparing for the ceremony. The wedding coordinator, Jenn, got us all lined up. Edward slid next to me, wearing the same tuxedo he wore for our wedding. “Fancy meeting you here, Mrs. Cullen,” he quipped, offering me his arm.

“You dork,” I giggled. “Hmmmm, good memories from this tuxedo.”

“Great memories,” he purred, nuzzling my hair with his nose.

“EDWARD ANTHONY! STOP CANOODLING YOUR WIFE!” Alice hissed.

“Shouldn’t you be wearing red, you she-devil?” Edward teased. Alice rolled her eyes, giving him the bird. 
“She’s my wife. I can canoodle her all I want.” He kissed my hair and squeezed my ass.

“Behave, counselor,” I snickered. “We’re in a church.”

“Okay, okay,” he said, looping my arm through his. He glanced at me, smiling softly. “You look gorgeous, Bells. So sexy.”

“Thank you,” I blushed. “And thank you for agreeing to get married in Vegas. This,” I gestured to the craziness that was Alice’s wedding, “would have given me heart palpitations.”

“You and me both. I’m not the groom and I’m having heart palpitations. I think it’s the evil glares from Jasper’s side of the family. They’re possessed,” he said as we walked closer to the entrance. I bit back a laugh, leaning my head against his shoulder. He kissed my forehead, giving me his perfect crooked smirk.

Grasping my bouquet, we walked down the long aisle to the sounds of Pachelbel’s Canon in D. Reaching the front of the cathedral, Edward and I bent reverently before taking our spots on either side of the altar. Jasper stepped in front of Edward, shaking his hand before giving me a nervous smile. Like a dork, I gave him a thumbs up. Jasper chuckled and the organ changed from the canon to Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring by Bach. His eyes cut to the entrance of the cathedral and Alice was being led down the aisle by a very regal and handsome Carlisle. They got to the front of the cathedral, bowing and walking up the steps to the altar. The music concluded and the priest began the service.

An hour later, Alice and Jasper were married in the eyes of God and their families. The priest gleefully pronounced them husband and wife and they kissed each other exuberantly. Jasper, very subtly, ran his hand along Alice’s still flat abdomen and winked at us. We all knew their secret and from the disdainful gasp from Jasper’s mother, so did she. The joyful sounds of Schubert’s Wedding March began and we walked down the aisle in our processional. 

No comments:

Post a Comment