Saturday, June 28, 2014

Friends with Benefits ~ Epilogue and FINAL update

Friends with Benefits on FicPad

Friends with Benefits on AO3

Friends with Benefits on TWCS



December 31st, 2014

“Alice?” I knocked on her bathroom door in the hotel room. I heard her retching. “Ali? Are you okay?”

“Ugh, I don’t need this today,” she moaned.

“I’m coming in,” I said, opening the door. She was kneeling on the floor with a towel covering her dress. Her hair was tossed over her shoulder and she looked as white as her wedding gown. “Ali? What’s going on?”

“Oh, nothing. Just growing a human,” she said, flushing the toilet.

“Excuse me! Did you just say you’re growing a human?” I squeaked.

“Yep. Our little bundle of joy was conceived on your wedding night,” she blanched, leaning against the door and giving me a smile. “I cannot stop throwing up.”

“Do you have anything you can take? Oh, and congratulations,” I laughed nervously, looking at my best friend. “You’re pregnant!’

“Yeah,” she said wistfully, pressing her hands to her belly. “I forgot to bring my birth control pills on our trip and junior was conceived. I’m happy but would really like to not puke my brains out on my flipping wedding day.” She teetered to her bag and found a prescription bottle. “I can take these but I’ll be sleepy most of the day.”

“Lesser of the two evils, Ali. Puking or nodding off,” I said, handing her a water bottle.

“Good point,” Alice said, downing her medication and wiping down her face. “Sorry that I kind of booked it out of there. I didn’t want to puke up on my dress. Is the photographer mad?”

“Riley? No,” I snickered. “He was more worried than anything.” Alice nodded and walked unsteadily out of the bathroom. “Do you want me to get to the makeup artist?”

“Do I look bad?” she asked, rushing to a mirror and checking her hair. “Do I have puke in my hair? On my dress?!”

“No, you’re beautiful, Alice. I was just curious,” I said, guiding her away from the mirror, rubbing her back.

“Okay. I’m just a mess. This is not going according to plan with the baby,” Alice sighed, picking up her bouquet that was placed on the bed. “Jasper and I wanted to wait until we had a house and had been married for at least a year.”

“Some things don’t go according to plan, Ali,” I said. “Case in point…” I wriggled my left hand, which earned me a giggle and a hug. I led her out of the hotel room and back down to the lobby of the Trump Tower where we were having a bridesmaid and bride photo shoot prior to the church ceremony at Holy Name Cathedral. Back in the lobby, Riley was snapping photos of Jessie, Jasper’s normal sister, Layla, and Angela. When he saw us return, he smiled and directed us to stand in front of the massive Christmas tree in the lobby. While Riley was taking pictures of Alice with the other bridesmaids, I slipped out my cell phone and texted my husband.

I’ve got news ~ Mrs. C.

Is it about my sister? ~ E

That would be affirmative, hubby ~ Mrs. C.

Then, I think I know. Jasper spilled the beans ~ E

Well, crap. I wanted to tell you first. Can you believe it? Your sister got pregnant on our wedding night! *snorts* ~ Mrs. C.

I’m happy for them. I can’t wait to be an uncle! ~ E

Liar…you can’t wait to be a daddy ~ Mrs. C.

This is true…are you telling me something? *flutters eyelashes* ~ E

Sorry, no baby growing my womb. Not yet…In case you forgot, I got my shot just after we got back 
from Vegas ~ Mrs. C.

Go off the shot, Bells. Please? ~ E

“Bella! We need you!” Riley shouted.

Edward, I’m not blowing you off, but I have to go. We’ll talk about this, face to face, later. Okay? ~ Mrs. C.

Okay. :-( ~ E

No, frowny face, Edward. I’m needed for photos. I love you more than you know ~ Mrs. C.

I love you, too, pretty girl. See you in an hour or so ~ E

Alice's Wedding























Honeymoon








































Anniversary Present

No comments:

Post a Comment