Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Picking up the Pieces Teaser



“And you think that Edward was the man that Jacob chose for me?” I whispered.

“Without a doubt. Bella, Jacob loved you and he didn’t want to leave you. He hated his illness and that there was nothing that could be done. However, he and I spoke at length about you when you were with the kids or running errands. With you being so young and having two young children, he didn’t want you to be alone. Jacob, while saddened that he wouldn’t be with you forever, wanted you to move on. To date. To not be alone. Seeing you with Edward and how he interacted with Grace and John, you were meant to be,” Billy said, taking my hand. “With him. Is it forever? I don’t know, but, Edward could be that man who puts on the path towards your new forever.”

“It feels right with Edward. I just feel so bad that I’m moving on,” I sighed, shooting Billy a sheepish look. “Did you know that Edward is taking me to Seattle on Thursday? We’re having our first date.”

“I kind of had a hunch that he was asking you out when you were on his lap,” Billy snickered. Rolling my eyes, I swiped at Billy’s arm. “I also told him, while you were helping Grace with her allergy attack, that I would babysit John and Grace. Don’t worry about the kids and just have fun. You remember that? Fun?”

“You are such a pain in the ass,” I snorted.

“No, I’m not. I’m just trying to help you be happy. Jacob insisted on it,” Billy said, capturing my hand. “He’s okay with it. More importantly, I’m okay with it. Edward makes my grandkids smile and brings back the sparkle in your eyes. I’ve missed that. We’ve all missed it. Now, you look like you’re dead on your feet. Why don’t you go upstairs and take a short nap before we go to Port Angeles to see that latest animated movie?”

“Upstairs?” I squeaked.
 
“Where else?” Billy asked. He had been staying with my parents who had a spare bedroom and still didn’t know that I had yet to sleep in my bed. I tried, but I couldn’t. I flew into a panic attack each time, unable to calm down and sob for hours. Would I ever be able to sleep in my bed again?

No comments:

Post a Comment