Wednesday, March 26, 2014

La Cantante Repost

La Cantante on FicPad

La Cantante on AO3

La Cantante on TWCS



After Bella left to get some dinner, Charlie and Emmett sat in the family room. I stiffly followed them and sat down next to Emmett. There was a game on the television. We all sat there in silence, waiting for Bella to return. It was nearly forty-five minutes later when Charlie checked his watch.

“Bella should be back by now,” Charlie said.

“Yeah. I wonder what’s taking so long.” Emmett pondered. “I’m getting hungry.”

“Emmett, you’re always hungry,” Charlie chided.

“I have a funny feeling,” I muttered.

“What’s that, Edward?” Charlie barked.

“I said that I have a funny feeling. Something’s not right,” I said louder. “I have this nagging feeling in my stomach that something went wrong. Emmett, how far is it to the grocery store?”

“About ten minutes. What to go check it out?” Emmett asked.

“Yeah,” I replied, getting off the couch and grabbing my jacket. Both Emmett and Charlie got up and did the same. Charlie grabbed the keys to truck and we piled into a large red truck that looked as old as dirt. We pulled into the parking lot of the grocery store and saw flashing lights. As soon as the truck stopped, I pushed Emmett out of the passenger side and we both sprinted to the police cars. Charlie’s car was still in the parking lot, food was spilled nearby and Bella’s purse was on the ground. My heart sank to my feet. “No. Oh, God, NO!”

Emmett held me back and I struggled against him. Charlie jogged up to the police cars and his face paled. He walked to one of the deputies, “Peter, what’s going on?” he asked in a shaky voice.

“Chief,” Peter said, clearly surprised to see Charlie there. “Hold on. Let me get Chief Bailey.”
Charlie nodded stoically and waited. My heart was racing and I willed Peter to move faster. He spoke to a tall gentleman near Charlie’s car. He walked over to where we standing.

“Hello, Chief Swan.”

“What’s going on? Where’s Bella?” Charlie barked.

“One of the cashiers said that she was attacked by a tall, Native American man and was abducted. She was put into a red Volkswagen Rabbit and they headed north, toward LaPush,” Chief Bailey replied.

“Well, are you going to do something besides sit on your asses?” Emmett seethed.


No comments:

Post a Comment