Monday, January 13, 2014

Starlet Teaser



In our hotel room, I was quiet and still very upset. Edward knew well enough to let me be and he went to work out in the fitness room while I stewed. I sat in the chair near the window, watching the traffic outside of the hotel. I tried to calm down, but my father got me so riled up. All I wanted was to go home, but that wasn’t happening due to lack of flights. If we drove, it would take us nearly two days. I just needed to wait it out.
An hour later, Edward came back and he was drenched from his workout. I wrinkled my nose. Edward chuckled, grabbing a pair of jeans and a t-shirt, going into the bathroom to wash off. Once he was clean, Edward sat down across from me and looked at me intently. “Are you okay?”
“I’ll be better once I’m home,” I said quietly. “Just seeing my dad…it brought back his words after I was ‘arrested’ with Jacob and James and how he blamed me for being placed on administrative leave. Then, I was so pissed off at him because for not caring enough to see how his only fucking daughter was faring after being attacked by three monsters.”
“You have every right to feel the way that you do,” Edward said. “But, according to Emmett, who called me while I was in the gym, your dad really wants to talk to you.”
“As I said in the car, too little, too late,” I said, narrowing my eyes at Edward. “He can think whatever he wants to think and say whatever he wants to say to whoever he wants to say it to, but I don’t want to see him. I just…As far as I’m concerned, I don’t have a father. Charlie is dead to me, Edward. I know it sounds hateful, but he has hurt me by not caring enough about me. I’m his daughter. Regardless, he’s supposed to love me. Instead, he blames me for his shortcomings and uses my celebrity as a scapegoat.”
“Bella, I understand why you’re upset. I do,” Edward began. “But, don’t hastily throw away your relationship with your dad.”
“What relationship?” I snorted humorlessly.
“This is true,” he sighed. “While you might not have a relationship with your father, at least you have a father. Yes, he may suck, but he’s still your blood. I’m not going to tell you what to do or how to feel, but at least think about meeting with him. From the phone call from Emmett, Charlie is going to be at the first Starbucks in Pike Place at nine tomorrow. If you are willing to meet him, then I support you. We have more than enough time before our flight.”
“And if I refuse? Are you going to hate me?”
“No, dolcezza. Whatever you decide, I’ll support you. If you don’t want to meet with him, then that’s okay, too. Just don’t make this decision to rashly. Listen to what he has to say before washing your hands of him, okay?” Edward suggested.
“I’m not making any promises,” I said.

No comments:

Post a Comment