Saturday, November 2, 2013

Mafia Princess Teaser

“We’re here, Bella,” Emmett said, poking my arm. I scowled at my brother and got out of the car, slipping on a patch of black ice. My leg snarled at me and I was caught by two strong arms.

“You okay there, Stumbelina?” Edward quipped, holding me to his broad chest.

“Better now,” I smiled, righting myself and gazing up at my boyfriend. He was wearing a red sweater and a pair of dark gray corduroy pants. He looked so normal but underneath, I knew he was covered with his tattoos and was completely badass, with a heart of gold, of course.

“It’s cold out here,” Edward chuckled.

“That’s because it’s winter, jackass,” Emmett snorted, hefting the bin with the presents out of the back of the Hummer.

Edward rolled his eyes and helped me up the steps to his parents’ home. It was completely bedecked with Christmas decorations and smelled like cinnamon and other spices. Esme and Carlisle were waiting in the foyer, smiling broadly. “Welcome, Bella,” Esme said quietly, hugging me closely. “How are you doing?”

“I’m fine, thanks,” I blushed, looking up at her. I was still afraid that she hated me. “Thank you for inviting us into your home for Christmas.”

“The more the merrier,” Carlisle replied, holding out his hand. I shook it before giving him a tentative hug. 
“Rose, Alice and Jasper are in the family room, eating me out of house and home.”

“Stop it,” Esme giggled. “You invited them.”

“And if anyone is going to eat you out of house and home, it’s going to be Emmett,” I joked, pointing to my large brother. “He is a bottomless pit.”

“Am not!” Emmett bellowed, putting the bin of gifts onto the floor and glaring at me.

“Emmett, I say this with the utmost respect, but you are,” Edward said, wrinkling his nose. “I’ve never seen a man eat more food than you.”

“I’m a growing boy,” Emmett replied, puffing out his chest. “This takes work, you know?”

“Well, there’s plenty of food,” Esme said, ushering us into the house and taking our coats.


“Do you need any help, Esme?” I asked, my voice sounding small and unsure. I may as well get this over with

No comments:

Post a Comment