Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Angels and Monsters Teaser

Walking to the living room, I stopped at once was my piano. The black lacquered instrument was in pieces. Strings were popping out of the body of the instrument and the plastic keys were melted. My mind drifted when I last sat at this piano.

The night I brought Bella over to meet my mom and Richard.

The night I discovered my girlfriend was a vampire.

Thinking about that, my dead heart clenched. I missed her and wanted to run back to her. But my mind was too angry at the prospect of her leaving. If she went back to James, he could hurt her again. Yes, she’s as indestructible as him but based off what happened in the alleyway, Bella is no way ready to face her very real demon. I did not want to have her feel the pain that I experienced after having James’ hand inside of my body, shattering my spinal column. Based on the tenor of his thoughts, he was the type of person who like to torture and maim. He wanted to do that to Bella in the alley. The fact that he couldn’t, angered him and he took it out on me.

“I can’t let her go,” I growled, pounding my fist into the metal frame of the grand piano. It groaned as my fist punched through. Evilly, I smiled at the power I felt. With a snarl, I started punching the hell out of my piano, causing the wood shatter easily and the metal to snap into numerous smaller pieces. Once the piano was completely obliterated, I turned to the kitchen. The high-end appliances that were there were next on my to-be-destroyed list.

That wasn’t nearly as exciting at my piano.

Or as exhilarating.


But, beggars can’t be choosers. 

Piano before...

Piano after...

No comments:

Post a Comment