Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Starlet Teaser

“My cousin did an amazing job on that ring. Took him long enough to pop the question.”

“I wasn’t in a good place, Alice,” I frowned, wandering closer to the bedroom set that caught my eye. “I’m still not in a good place. I’m getting better, but I still can’t bear to…” I shuddered.

“Bella, you’ve overcome a great ordeal,” Esme said sweetly, hugging me to her side. “I know Edward wanted to make a big deal over your engagement.”

“He kind of told me what he had planned,” I said. “Christmas Eve in our new home.”

“I had set up the whole living room as a Christmas wonderland, Bella,” Alice said, taking out her phone and showing me pictures of what was done in our living room. It was gorgeous with a large, ten-foot tall Douglas fir with a million sparkle lights along with candles lit all around. On the floor, there was a large blanket along with a picnic basket and an air mattress beside it. I smiled tightly at her before walking away with tears streaming down my face. I sat down on a couch on the far side of the store, trying to pull it together. Edward had gone all out for his original intention of proposing to me. Those douchetards took that away from me.

Yes, the way Edward proposed to me was sweet and beautiful, but seeing all of that on Alice’s phone made me feel awful.

“Don’t cry, Bella,” Tanya whispered, sitting next to me. “The most important thing is that you and Edward are getting married. He’s an amazing man and you’re the envy of every woman in America.”

“Did you see those pictures?” I asked shakily.

“Would you change your proposal?” she retorted. “Do you want to marry him?”

“Of course, I do,” I said, giving her a shocked glare. “I love Edward…but seeing all of that work and the fact that it was taken away because of…” More tears fell onto my cheeks. Tanya pulled me into a hug and a quietly lost it. After a few moments, I pulled away and wiped my face. “I’m sorry. My emotions are all over the place.”

“Understandably so,” Tanya said reassuringly. “I’m not an expert but I know that you’re grieving. Knowing what you lost is sad and daunting, but you can only look forward. Did you get that fairy tale proposal? For some women, I’d say yes. But seeing what was done, I can understand why you are upset. Focus on having a fairy tale wedding. It’s your day. If you want to get married on Christmas Eve to recreate the proposal that Edward planned, then go for it. If you want to get married on the beach in a pair of sweats; go for it. All that matters is your and Edward’s happiness.”

“You’re right,” I replied, giving her a tiny grin.

“Alice feels badly about showing you those pictures. She knows how sensitive you are right now. Esme is also ripping her a new one,” Tanya said.

“I’m the one being overly sensitive. I need to buck up and deal with it. I did get the fairy tale proposal. Sort of. I get to keep Edward Masen forever and greet every new day with him by my side,” I said, standing up. “In a way, our proposal was perfect for us. We never a conventional couple. He told you about how we met, right?”

“He was your bodyguard for two years,” Tanya replied as we walked back to the bedroom set.


“And my best friend,” I beamed. “We can just be silly together, have fun, and before all of this, the sex was phenomenal.”

No comments:

Post a Comment