Saturday, September 21, 2013

Witch Way Repost

Chapter Four on FFn

Chapter Four on AO3

Witch Way on FictionPad

Bella finally cracked. With her mind, she threw a lamp at my head and blew up my computer. Finally, some rational reaction to what she was dealing with. I was concerned with the intensity of her reaction, but she insisted that she was fine. She told Carlisle that she didn’t want medication. I almost forced Carlisle to get the anxiety medication, but she calmed her heart and stood up. She looked ruffled, but in control. My family left the room and I stayed behind, not able to leave her. I walked toward her and kept my voice quiet. “I’m so sorry, Bella.”
“It’s not your fault, Edward. You’re trying to help me and I completely flip my lid,” she said. “I’m sorry about blowing up your computer.”
That’s sweet that she can do that, Eddie!  Emmett thought. I growled, imperceptibly to human ears and he laughed. “It’s no big deal, Bella. You’re getting more control over your powers. That’s a good thing.”
“I felt completely out of control,” she said, looking into my eyes. She fell onto the bed, cradling her head in her arms. I moved to her spot on the bed and cocked my head, listening to her heartbeat.
“Your heart rate has returned to normal, but you must be worn out.”
“That’s an understatement. Where’s the bathroom?” she asked, looking up at me. I pointed to the door in my bedroom, furthest from the bed. She got up gracefully and walked into the bathroom, closing the door. I shook my head and got up to begin cleaning the remnants of my computer up. It was completely obliterated. I should be incredibly pissed, but I couldn’t be. She was dealing with a situation that no human should have to deal with. Computers can be replaced, Bella can’t. I picked up the burnt plastic and began tossing it into the garbage can. I half listened to what Bella was doing in the bathroom. It sounded like she was washing her face and trying to calm herself down.

No comments:

Post a Comment