Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Mafia Princess Update...

I parked my car on the driveway, with Carlisle parked on the street. We walked up to Charlie’s house. Our badges were clipped to our belts, but still concealed by our jackets. I was not approaching the house as Edward Masen but as Edward Cullen. With a shaky hand, I rang the doorbell. A few moments later, Charlie opened the door and allowed us inside.
“Did Bella do that?” Charlie quipped, looking at the damage to my face.
“Yeah,” I blushed. I pinched my nose. “I need you to sit down, Charlie. Is Emmett here?”
“I’m here and I want to add to those bruises,” Emmett snarled. He cracked his knuckles, glaring at me.
“Please just sit,” I beseeched them. We all walked into the living room. Emmett and Charlie sat on the couch while Carlisle plopped down in the huge chair by the fireplace. I stayed standing. “First off, I need to tell you something. Something that could result in you losing the trust you imparted on me to disappear.”
“That won’t happen,” Charlie said quietly, giving me a soft smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment