Thursday, August 8, 2013

Starlet Teaser

The next morning, I woke up and found Esme sitting next to me. Alice was in the closet of the private hospital suite, shuffling some clothes inside of it. I blinked rapidly, trying to shake off the Ativan fog. “Good morning,” I rasped.
“Oh, Bella, you’re awake,” Esme crooned. “How are you feeling?”
“Confused, hurt, violated,” I frowned.
“We’re sorry that you were alone when you woke up,” Alice muttered. “The only person they would have allowed was Emmett, since he was technically your family, but he didn’t feel like it was right. He raised holy hell to get us to stay, but the hospital has a strict visitation policy which is a load of crap.”
“What did the doctor say?” Esme asked.
I explained to them what Dr. Korbel told me and I began shaking when I described how they found semen on my belly. Esme crawled into bed with me and held me tight as I began to have a panic attack. I wanted to shower, rub my skin raw and get the filth off me. “Bella, stop,” Esme said sternly.
“I feel…” I sobbed, scratching at my skin.
“I know, sweet girl,” Esme soothed, taking my hands and holding them.
“You know what might make you feel better?” Alice suggested. “Taking a shower.”
“How can I?” I held up my broken wrist with a wrinkled nose.
“We’ll help you, Bella,” Esme said, tucking my greasy hair behind my ear. More tears fell down my cheeks. I wanted my mom. She couldn’t come, though. She was dead. “Don’t cry, Bella. We’ll take care of you.”
“What about Edward?”

No comments:

Post a Comment