Thursday, July 18, 2013

La Cantante Repost

Chapter Twenty-Eight on FFn

Chapter Twenty-Eight on TWCS

Dance Lessons on AO3

Bella managed to fall back asleep after her nightmare. I couldn’t. The thought of losing her was too fresh in my mind, even if it was just a dream. I held her tightly for the rest of the night. Humming her lullaby, not for her but for me as well. If I hummed the lullaby, it kept my mind occupied. If my mind was occupied, I couldn’t imagine Bella being hurt by the asshat, Jacob. Nothing can ever harm her. I wouldn’t survive it if it did. I kept humming until my throat hurt, until the room was bathed in a lavender light as the sun rose, until Rose’s alarm clock went off. I closed my eyes and buried my nose in Bella’s hair as Rose get ready for her work out. She walked past both of us and patted my hand. I opened an eye.
“I know you were up most of the night, Edward,” she said sadly.
“I’m sorry if I kept you up, Rosalie,” I whispered.
“I really couldn’t sleep either. I’m scared for her. I’m scared for you,” Rose muttered. “Let’s just say this situation that both of you are enduring is reopening some wounds of mine. If either one of you want to talk, please I’m more than willing.”
“Thanks, Rose,” I said, looking down at my sleeping Bella.
“If you don’t want to get together today to learn the dance for our song, I’m cool with that,” she said with a small smile.
“No, we have to. Felix wants us to dance our duet during rehearsal on Thursday. I need to learn it and become comfortable with it. The more time I get, the better I’ll be with this intricate choreography you’ve cooked up,” I said with a sleepy smile.
“Okay, Edward. We’ll get lunch and then change into some comfortable clothes and head to the fitness center. Text me if you are too tired,” Rose said, squeezing my shoulder.
“I’ll probably be exhausted, but it needs to get done.”
“See you later,” Rose said by the door. She gave a wave and quietly slipped out the door. I looked at the clock and it was only six in the morning. I closed my eyes and held onto my girl. I had a few minutes before my alarm would go off. I needed to be near her for as long as possible.
As soon as my eyes closed, my alarm blared from my pocket of my jeans. Bella groaned and rolled over. She clumsily got up and headed to the bathroom. She turned to me before she entered.
“Thank you, Edward. I love you,” she said quietly.
“I love you too, beautiful. I’m going to head up and shower. I’ll be back down in a little bit. I’ll make sure I have two very large, very caffeinated coffees,” I said with a sleepy grin.
“Coffee ain’t going to cut it today. I have some energy drinks in my fridge. I’ll be chugging one of those in addition to the coffee,” she said groggily.

No comments:

Post a Comment