Old-fashioned Linguine with White Clam Sauce
o 3 tablespoons butter
o 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
o 1 small diced onion
o 4 cloves garlic, minced
o 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
o 1 tablespoon lemon juice
o 1 teaspoon oregano
o 1 teaspoon basil
o 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
o 3 cans minced/chopped clams, with juice
o 1 teaspoon parsley
o parmesan cheese
o 1 lb linguine or 1 lb thin spaghetti
1. In a 5 qt pot, heat water to a boil and cook pasta until al dente.
2. While the pasta is cooking, melt butter and olive oil in pan.
3. Sautee onion and garlic, and add crushed red pepper flakes.
4. Add lemon juice, oregano, basil, and Old Bay seasoning, stir for one minute Add clams with juice.
5. Simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Drain pasta and place in large bowl.
7. Cover pasta with clam sauce, stir well and top with parsley and parmesan cheese.
8. Serve with warm crusty bread and chilled white wine.