Friday, June 21, 2013

A Prescription for Love Teaser

Yvette nodded and wrote something down on her pad of paper. “I’m still concerned about your statement about the ER. When I spoke with Bella, she said that she wanted to try and go back for Christmas. Christmas Eve, specifically.”

“What? Why?” I asked, my chest tightening.

“She needs to go in there to prove that’s healed, mentally, physically and emotionally. I tend to agree with her. You need to do the same. I think that the two of you can do this,” Yvette explained. “You will need each other to do this.”

“I don’t know,” I said, leaning forward and thrusting my hands into my hair.

“Edward, your girlfriend suffered a great physical trauma in there. I know that. As a result, you were hurt emotionally. The person you loved the most was brutally attacked and fought for every breath. However, she came back. She fought and came back. Now, she’s fighting to gain some of her independence back by wanting to go into the ER on Christmas Eve for the party the staff usually has. I think it’s an attainable goal. You’ve got two weeks to work up to it, roughly.”

“How can I work up to it? I see a picture of the hospital and I break out into a cold sweat. Ever since Bella left, I haven’t stepped foot into the hospital. My contact with Dr. Volturi has been via telephone calls, Skype or emails.”

“You don’t want to go back the hospital, do you?” Yvette asked.

“I don’t think so,” I answered. “I’ve always toyed with the idea of starting my own practice. This whole thing in the ER has reignited that desire and I want to get out of the city, away from the violence.”

“Have you told Bella this?” Yvette questioned.

“No. I don’t know how to broach the subject,” I replied, slouching back on the couch.

“Can I make a suggestion?” I quirked a brow at her, encouraging Yvette to continue. “When was the last time you took Bella out on a date?”

“Her birthday,” I frowned. “Right before the shooting.”

“Well, take her out on a date, woo her and make her feel beautiful and special,” Yvette said.

“I try to,” I pouted. “But she…”


“Feels broken. Woo her, Edward,” Yvette smirked. “While you’re out, mention your trepidation about going back to the ER and opening up a practice, or joining an existing practice. Talk to her and let her express her opinions. Don’t fly off the handle if she disagrees with you. Be patient.”

No comments:

Post a Comment