Thursday, February 14, 2013

A Prescription for Love Teaser


Bella was quiet while she watched the island as we floated past the lush greenery that was bathed in the warm light of the tropical sunset. “I can’t believe how beautiful it is here,” she breathed. I opened my mouth ready to say something cheesy. “Don’t ruin it with one of your sappy one-liners.” Bella laughed lightly, threading her fingers with mine. “I’m pretty but this is heaven on earth.”

“It is gorgeous,” I agreed, looking out the window. “Do you want to go outside? Get some pictures before it gets too dark?”

“Yeah,” she replied. We walked out onto the deck. I snapped a few pictures of Bella before she swiped the camera from my hands. She took some pictures of me before turning to the sunset. It was truly breathtaking.

“Would you like me to take a picture of the two of you?” asked an older gentlemen who was on the deck with his wife.

“Can you?” Bella replied, smiling widely at the man. He nodded, taking the camera from Bella’s hand.

“Get close,” he smiled.

I wrapped my arm around Bella’s waist, leaning my cheek against her head. Bella snuggled close to me, pressing her body up against mine.

“Oh, George, they’re so adorable,” the woman cooed as George took our pictures.

“Yes, you are,” George said, handing back the camera to Bella. “There is much love around you. Don’t lose it.”

“Never,” Bella said. “I love him very much. I’m so lucky to love my best friend.”

“Fifty years I’ve been with this one,” the woman said, linking her arms with her husband. “It’s been wonderful.”

“Fifty years of being on my honeymoon,” George crooned. He kissed her forehead. “I love you so much, Elaine.”

“Now, who’s being adorable?” Bella giggled.

“We try,” Elaine smirked. “Are you on your honeymoon?”

Bella shot me a look. “No, not yet,” I said. “Just a vacation but soon, we will be on our honeymoon.”

“Don’t wait too long,” George winked. 









No comments:

Post a Comment