Friday, January 4, 2013

La Cantante Repost

Chapter Eleven on FFn

Emerson Express on TWCS

Emerson Express on AO3


Edward headed to his piano lesson. There was something bothering him, though he didn’t mention it. Perhaps I’ll bring it up if I see him tonight. I went to The Cage and got a light lunch. I pulled out my laptop and sent my mom a quick email. I also told her my new phone number. I had forgotten to do so when I had gotten my new phone. I also began outlining my educational philosophy paper for my Introduction to Education class. I had a pretty good beginning when I had to walk back to Brandon Hall.
I trudged up the stairs to Benjamin Cairo’s studio. I heard Edward play a very lush piece of music. There was a bit of a fumble and I heard Edward curse. He seemed exasperated. I chuckled at his frustration. He was so much like me, it was quite humorous. Edward seemed like the type of person to run a portion of music a hundred times until it was perfect. I did the same thing. I was such a perfectionist.
Edward played a small portion of the piece, very slowly and deliberately, as to correct the mistake that he had made. I heard a clap and then the door opened up.
“Excellent work today, Edward. You really worked hard this summer and it shows,” Benjamin said with a satisfied smile.
“Thanks, Benjamin. I appreciate it very much,” Edward replied as he shook his hand. “I see your next lesson is here. Benjamin, this is my girlfriend, Bella Swan.”
“Ah, Ms. Swan. Your reputation precedes you. You are the talk of the music department. I’m looking forward to working with you.” He nodded gallantly, which didn’t match his attire of a pair of jeans, sneakers, a sweater and a suit coat. It was far too formal for such a casual look.
I felt the heat creep up my cheeks.
Stupid blush. Why can’t I take a compliment without turning into a tomato?


No comments:

Post a Comment