Sunday, October 14, 2012

Angels and Monsters Teaser


“Okay, before we came here to be with our new family,” Alice began, looking at Bella. “I love you, sis.”

“I love you, too, Ali,” Bella smiled.

“Anyhow, before we came here, our lives were pretty boring,” she giggled. “I mean, when I had the vision of Bella, I was in my sixth time through high school. Ugh!”

“You’ve been through high school six times?” I asked. “How old are you?”

“You never ask a woman’s age, Edward,” Esme chided. “It’s rude.”

“Sorry, Esme,” I muttered.

“No, it’s okay, Esme. I don’t know how old I am. I mean, Carlisle guesses that I’m seventeen, eighteen-ish when I was changed into a vampire?” Alice responded. “I was changed in the early 1920s but that’s about all I can remember. Plus, I had a vision of the stock market crash of 1929.”

“Did you try and warn people?” Bella asked.

“I did but no one listened. I looked like a homeless bum in my ratty clothes and short hair,” she shrugged. “I wouldn’t have believed me either.”

“Since I’m the newbie, I want to hear some of your stories,” I said, pulling Bella between my legs and wrapping my arms around her waist. “What are some of the coolest things you’ve experienced as vampires? 
Some interesting people you’ve met? That sort of thing…”

“Some of us have been around a long time,” Carlisle chuckled. “I think I’m the oldest one here. I was changed in the mid 1600s.”

“Eleazar was changed in 1597,” Kate explained. “But, I’m older than him.”

“You are?” Bella asked.

“My sister, Irina, and I are the original succubi,” she said. “We loved our human men. I was changed in the late 1400s by an ancient who was entranced with my beauty. The same thing with my sister, too. We lived as nomadic vampires, having sex with human men before feeding on them. I grew tired of that existence and started to feed off the blood of animals in the late 1700s. My sister begrudgingly followed my lead. We stopped in Volterra for a few years, met up with Eleazar, who worked with the Volturi at the time in the record-keeping department. He was intrigued by our golden eyes and shortly after we left, he and his mate, Carmen, followed. We came over to the New World and lived a quiet existence in New Hampshire, Maine and Massachusetts. We crossed the country and eventually found our residence in Denali, staying in the general area since 1850 until now.”

No comments:

Post a Comment