Sunday, October 21, 2012

A Ilha do Amor Teaser


Bella laughed and kissed me, dragging me down to the buffet line. I could see Rhiannon staring at me. She had this look of absolute disdain and hatred. Her husband was chatting with another couple while Rhiannon was sending me death rays with her eyes. Then, she noticed my hand laced with Bella’s. Her death glare moved to Bella. Shit. It’s too soon for my past to come and bite me in the ass. “Bella, do you want to go?”

“No, we just got here,” she said, looking up at me. “What’s wrong?”

The pissed off red-head who’s stomping over here. That’s what’s wrong. “Um, yeah…remember how I said my past might come back to haunt us?”

“Do I need call the Ghostbusters?” Bella asked. I nodded.

Rhiannon tapped my shoulder harshly and I turned around. She glowered at me. “Who’s your friend?” she spat.

“Hi,” Bella said cheerfully. “I’m Bella Swan. Edward’s girlfriend.”

“Girlfriend,” Rhiannon said slowly.

“Shouldn’t you be with your husband?” Bella asked. “You know, that handsome man with the receding hairline?”

“You never said that you had a girlfriend, Edward,” Rhiannon spat.

“At the time, I didn’t,” I replied. “This is recent and I’d like you to please be respectful of my girlfriend. I haven’t mentioned our tryst to your husband. But, I’m thinking he’s beginning to suspect.” I shot a look to her husband who was staring at our interaction with rapt attention. His eyes narrowed and he left the party abruptly when Rhiannon turned around.

“NO!” she screamed as she ran off after him.

“Busted,” Bella snickered. I frowned deeply, knowing full well that I ruined their fledgling marriage. “Hey, don’t beat yourself up. It takes two to tango. She went into the whole situation, knowing that her husband could have found out that she was fucking around on him.”

“I hate that I was the fucker in the situation,” I said quietly, removing my hat. Bella growled lowly and dragged me away from the party and shoved me onto a chaise lounge by the smaller of the three pools on the property. She straddled my legs and took my face in her hands. My lips were smushed and I could barely breathe. “Beffa, fwhat are fyou schdoing?”

“Was that English?” she laughed. “You speak how many different languages and you can’t get out one sentence in English.”

I removed her hands and arched a brow. “What are you doing?” I asked as I kissed her fingertips.

“I’m preventing you from falling into a funk,” she said sternly. “I could see you beat yourself up because of that chick who fucked around on her hubby. Yes, you were the fucker but she was the fuckee.”

“Why are you being so blasé about this?” I asked. “Because of my actions, their marriage is in the shitter.”

“Like I said before, it take two to tango. Would you have felt this guilt before?”

“No,” I replied.

“It’s proof that you’re changing,” Bella said as she ran her fingers through my hair. “Edward, you are an incredibly strong man and you need to have faith in yourself. Have you made mistakes? Yes. You’re human. We all make mistakes. However, I’d question your sanity if you kept making the same mistakes and not learning from them.” She smacked my forehead and glowered at me. “Snap out of it!”

No comments:

Post a Comment