Monday, October 1, 2012

A Ilha do Amor Teaser


I locked up my office and stowed my laptop bag at the front desk before heading down to the pool deck. Rose, Emmett, Jasper and Alice were goofing off in the water, playing a very competitive game of chicken. Bella was laughing, taking pictures with one of the waterproof cameras we sell in the gift shop. Her feet were dangling in the water.

I plopped down next to her. “Why aren’t you playing?”

“Because I don’t want some random stranger’s head between my legs, next to my snatch,” she snorted. “If I was romantically attached to someone, hell yeah, I’d be kicking BOTH OF YOUR ASSES!”

“What-the-fuck-ever, Swan,” Rose barked as she pulled on Alice’s hair. “You’re just afraid that you’re going to lose.”

“I know I’d win, Rose,” she said as she snapped another picture. Just then, Rose tugged on Alice and she was sent tumbling into the water with a squeal. Bella and I got sprayed by Alice’s fall.

“Come on, Bella. Hop on Edward’s shoulders. His mouth is facing the other direction. And he told me that he’s going to become a monk,” Rose quipped.

“A monk?” I choked out.

“I don’t want to put Edward in an uncomfortable position,” Bella said quietly. “And Alice and Jasper are getting ready to do the nasty in the shallow end.”

“Am not, slut!” Alice chirped. “We’re canoodling.”

“Chicken,” Rose and Emmett began taunting. Rose began flapping her elbows and acting like an annoying 
rooster with its head chopped off.

I slid into the water. Holy shrinkage, Batman! “Come on, you can’t let Bitchy Barbie get away with this shit,” I said. I slipped under the water and got my hair wet. “Let’s kick some ass. Flip her like you flipped me on the beach.”

“Edward, I’m a fat ass,” she groaned. “I’ll hurt you.”

“Nonsense. I carried you to bed last night and you were dead weight,” I prodded, taking her hand. She bit her lip and blushed. The obnoxious clucking from my brother and sister-in-law were hopefully swaying her.

“Oh, fine. You’re going down, Blondie,” Bella snarled. She hopped in the water and dunked herself. “Fuck me, that’s cold. How do you want to do this? I climb up your back or you go underwater?”

“I’ll go underwater. Just don’t drown me,” I said, shooting her a crooked grin.

“I’ll drown you if we lose,” she said. I rolled my eyes before I went under the water, grabbing her legs. She balanced her hands on my head as I stood up. Thankfully, Bella wiped my hair from my face and patted my head nicely. “Very smooth, Cullen.”

“Thanks,” I sniffled out. I put my hands on her thighs and walked toward my brother. “Emmett, this a fight between Bella and Rose. No tripping me, ass.”

“Fine,” he grumbled.

“THAT’S WHY WE LOST?” Jasper bellowed. “I want a re-do!”

“After we win this match,” Rose smirked. “You’re going down, Swan.”

“That’ll be you, Cullen,” Bella growled above me. “Shake? In honor of sportsmanship.”

“Sure,” Rose said as she confidently held out her hand. I felt Bella chuckle as she took Rose’s hand, pulling her off-balance, causing Emmett to stumble. “NO FAIR!” 

No comments:

Post a Comment