Friday, September 7, 2012

Starlet Teaser


“Back to your fidgeting. You don’t normally fidget. You’re cool as a cucumber but today you’ve got ants in your pants.”

“You know what scene I’m filming today, right?”

“The dramatic kiss,” Julian gushed as he turned to get some Chapstick. “Pucker up, buttercup.” He swiped some of the lip balm on my lips. “So your lips are nice and soft for Ms. Swan.”

“Thanks,” I chortled. “Anyhow, I’m nervous because I’m afraid that I won’t be able to stay in character.”

“Do you hate Ms. Swan?”

“God, no,” I said, my eyes widening. “The opposite really.” I dropped my gaze to my lap and nervously picked at some lint on my workout pants.

“Holy shit,” Julian breathed. “You love her!”

“Very much, Julian. I’m afraid that I won’t be able to maintain the ‘distance’ for the scene; that when our lips touch, I’ll pounce on her and rip her clothes off,” I sighed. “For two years, there’s been this sexual, romantic tension between us but…well, prior to this film, I’ve been her bodyguard. She was my boss. I didn’t want to cross that line. Now, with the atmosphere surrounding the film and our different roles in life, I see my chance of being something more to her. My fear is that she doesn’t feel the same way.”

“Have you told her how you felt?” Julian asked as he applied some blush to my cheeks to diminish the look of death on my skin. Fucking white corpse makeup.

“We’ve been dancing around it since I was hired as ‘Daniel,’” I answered. “Plus, with stunt training, memorizing lines, and rehearsals, it’s been nuts!”

“You should talk to her, Mr. Masen…erm, Edward,” Julian said with a quick grin. “On the schedule, this is the only scene for you and Ms. Swan. Take her out to dinner.”

I bit my lip, pondering the idea. She’s been leery about going out in public after the whole Jacob/James debacle. On top of that, they both were released on bail and were free to go out as they please as long as they do not leave LA. As far as I knew, they both were partying it up at some club two nights ago. A night out is not what Bella needs. She needs a quiet evening at home. Or in bed. In your arms.  “Good idea, Julian. But, maybe I can hold off on the date until after I know her feelings,” I replied. “I could always make her dinner at my place.”


No comments:

Post a Comment