Sunday, September 23, 2012

A Ilha do Amor Teaser...


Carrying her the short distance to my office, I checked her body for injury. She had several scratches and cuts on her back along with a nasty bump on the back of her head. I felt that when I ran my fingers over her scalp. Her hair was soft and curling as it dried. Bella insisted that she was fine but I knew otherwise. Her eyes were glazed over and her physical responses were slow. After some prodding, she agreed to have my dad check her out. But, I had to get her something to wear. She was sitting in my office in nothing but a skimpy black bikini. It was a sin to cover up that beautiful body but if she was uncomfortable, I’d make sure I would abide by her wishes.

I grabbed my cordless phone from my desk and dialed my dad. I shut the door as I left, speaking to my father. “Dad, you remember Alice’s friend?” I asked.

“What did you do, Edward?” he asked angrily.

“What?! NOTHING!” I growled. “She fucking fell on the pool deck. I need you come to check her out. She’s got some scrapes on her back and a nasty goose egg on the back part of her head.”

“I’m…I’m sorry, Edward. I didn’t mean to assume…” he murmured.

“Thanks for the vote of confidence, Carlisle,” I snapped. “I’m not a complete asshole and I can control myself.” I was epically pissed at my dad thinking that I’d purposely hurt this girl. I may be a manwhore, but I would never raise a hand in anger toward a woman. “Are you going to come and check her out or do I need to arrange for a boat to take her to Rio?”

“I’ll be there in ten minutes, Edward. I’m so…”

I hung up on him, not wanting to hear his pathetic excuse of an apology. I clipped the phone to my belt and went to the gift shop. I picked up a black t-shirt with the Isle Esme logo on it and tossed some money toward the young girl manning the till. I walked back into my office and handed Bella the shirt. As she put it on, her face registered pain. I wanted to take that pain away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment