Monday, July 9, 2012

The Geek's Guide to Parenthood Teaser

...from the FINAL CHAPTER! *sniff sniff*



I’d since upgraded my small Volvo to a Volvo SUV. It was smaller than Bella’s beast, but still large enough for the two car seats that were now housed in the back seat. I waved at Tim as I drove off from the location in Joliet. It took me roughly two hours to get home, stuck in traffic on I-294. I just wanted to get home to my wife and children. It had been too long since I’d last seen them.

It was this morning, Cullen.

Still too long.

I pulled my car into the garage and headed inside to the kitchen where my wonderful wife was making dinner. Matthew was playing with Kyra in the living room while Owen was in his bouncy seat in the kitchen. I slipped behind Bella, wrapping my arms around her waist, nuzzling her neck. “I missed you,” I murmured against her soft skin. I gently kissed her throat, sucking on her pulse point.

“You were gone for six hours,” she chided.

“Six hours away from  you and from our children,” I mumbled against her throat, nipping at her flesh. 
“What’s for dinner?”

“Stir Fry,” she answered. “And if you don’t stop, we’ll be having burnt stir fry. Go play with your kids, 
Cullen.”

“I’d rather play with you,” I growled, sucking her ear between my lips.

“Insatiable, Edward Anthony,” Bella said as she turned around, gently pushing me to the family room. I stuck out my tongue as I picked up Owen. Bella flipped me off before turning back to her task at the stove. 

1 comment:

  1. Awww, I love it and SO SO SAD that it's the final chapter. ANSOL was the first of your stories that I found. I am so glad I found your writing. You're amazing! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete