Friday, June 22, 2012

Angels and Monsters Teaser


“I’m not sure. I understand why you held that back from me,” I replied, sitting next to him on the couch. “But, now, I’ve got fifty-eight years of healing left to do. You know?”

“Bella, if you ever want to talk, I’m here,” Jasper said as he kissed my forehead.

“What do you feel, Jas?”

“Love from you and Edward. He’d kill for you, Bellsy,” he chuckled. “There’s a touch of sadness from him, too. He knows that his life is going to change forever and that he won’t be able to go back. But, he’s okay with it. The love he has for you will be enough, more than enough.”

“There’s more, Jasper,” I said, narrowing my eyes. “You need to stop beating yourself up. Your remorse is spreading over the room like a cancer.”

Bella, I’ve carried what he did to you around in my head since you were created. Now, I showed you what that monster did to your human body and I can’t help but feel incredibly guilty and remorseful for not doing more to help you. What that savage did to you is forever embedded into my brain and I can’t…can’t fix it. I can’t fix you, Jasper said as venomous tears fell onto his cheeks.

“You’re not superman, Jasper,” I said as I looked into his amber eyes. “You could have killed me but you saved me. Protected me. Taught me. Without you, I wouldn’t be where I am today.”

“I still feel horribly,” Jasper sighed. “If we ever find your creator, your sire, he will be incinerated.”

“Can I light him up?” Edward asked as he leaned against the door frame of the family room.


“Fuck yeah,” Jasper said with a wicked grin.

No comments:

Post a Comment