Saturday, May 19, 2012

Finding Love Through Music Update

Chapter Twenty-Three


"Girl, you need to stop staring at that rock," Pam teased. I glowered at her, staring into her mischievous eyes. "I know you're thrilled that you're engaged but damn."

"Shut it," I snarked back. "I'm sorry that I'm easily distracted by the shiny on my finger. I mean, how can I not be distracted? This isn't a ring, it's a small country."

"It is. You're very lucky," Pam said, smiling softly. "Though, I am surprised that you said yes. I'm happy you did since it proved to yourself that you trust Edward implicitly."

"I do trust him, Pam," I said, looking at my ring again. "I'm so happy and I honestly surprised myself when I said yes to his proposal. But, seeing him on his knee, looking so vulnerable and uncertain, I knew I wanted to share my life with him. It wasn't about this gorgeous ring or my fears; it was about my future and happiness with the man I love. My soul mate. I couldn't say no. Is it fast? Yes. Do I regret it? Hell no. When are we getting married? As soon as humanly possible."

"Well, okay, then," Pam laughed. "We'll add the wedding plans to our next session."

"Deal," I smiled. "And you're invited, Pam."

"Just don't make me a bridesmaid," she said. "I hate dresses."

"Ugh, me too. If I could get married in a pant suit, I would."

"Okay, girlie. When do you want to come in next?"

"Not until after the musical," I sighed. "This is the only day that I could get away. Edward is working with the
leads on fine-tuning their timing and interpretation. I'm needed until April twenty-sixth."

"How about we shoot for April thirtieth?" Pam asked, consulting her planner. "Right after school."

"It's a date," I said as I put it into my cell phone. "Thanks, Pam."



Close up of Bella's Earrings

No comments:

Post a Comment