Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Figure Eight Update

Permission and Highways


"Bella, I'll be back soon. I have a few errands to run. It's one day of practice," I said as I stared at my girlfriend. She was having a freak-out moment. She had been having a lot of them since ESPN had labeled us as the favorites for the gold at the World Competition.

"But we need to practice!" she said, her brown eyes wild.

"You are in pain and I need to get some things done," I said sternly. "I'll be back by tonight. Go relax with Alice and Rose. Have a spa day. You need some pampering. A massage…" My phone rang and it was Alice.

"Already done, Brit!" she squealed in my ear. "We're on our way."

"How in the hell do you do that?" I snickered.

"It's a gift," she replied. "Later!"

"Alice is on her way with Rosalie," I said. "You will relax and enjoy it, damn it."
Bella scowled and plopped down on the couch. Her arms were crossed over chest. "I hate wasting a day…"

"We're not wasting a day. You fell yesterday and Emmett AND Jasper said that you should rest today. It's giving me the opportunity to run some errands, beautiful," I said, kneeling in front of her.

"What are these elusive errands?" Bella asked, arching a brow.

"Some stuff for my mom," I lied. "She's found a condo in Seattle and needs me to do a few things before she
can sign the paperwork." That was true. However, the deal was done. The only thing my mom needed to do was close up the house in London. She wasn't going to do that until after the world competition.

"Okay," she sighed. "Perhaps I'll take another look at the listings on Mercer Island and Bellevue for our house that we want to move into. Or rather, we have to move into…"

"Now you're talking," I said as I kissed her soft, plump lips. "There were a few that caught my eye and I'm curious if we have the same taste in homes."

"Fine," she said, wrapping her arms around my neck. "I'm sorry, baby. I'm just stressed."

"I know. I am too, but it is what it is," I said as I massaged her back and shoulders. "We've got a little over a month before the world competition. Our routines are solid and we've only got to tweak the exhibition routine. Breathe, love. Just breathe." She nodded and kissed my nose. I stood up and headed to the door. "Call me if you need me, beautiful. I'll be back tonight. I promise."



No comments:

Post a Comment