Monday, May 21, 2012

Angels and Monsters Teaser


I looked out and saw that it had clouded over. I picked up my phone and dialed Edward’s number.

“You’re not calling to cancel are you?” Edward teased.

“No. I’m actually calling to see if I can come a little earlier,” I laughed. “Is that okay?”

“That’s perfect, Bella,” he said, the smile in his voice obvious. “Do you need directions?”

“Nope. I’m good. I’ll be over in like forty-five minutes,” I said.

“Good luck with that. It took me almost an hour to get home this morning at seven in the morning,” he chortled. “Then again, I took the train.”

“Not the way I drive,” I quipped. “I’ll see you soon, Edward.”

“Okay, angel,” he snorted. I rolled my eyes and hung up the phone. I made sure I had my contact lenses and headed down to the garage. Climbing into my Ferrari, I drove to Edward’s townhouse. Forty-five minutes from the time I left the garage, I pulled up to Edward’s doorstep. I parked my baby and locked her up. Edward came outside and blew out a low whistle. “That is one sweet car…”

“Thanks,” I smirked. “I have a penchant for fast, shiny things. I have an Aston Martin in storage. A Lamborghini, too.”

“Okay, stop. I really want to have this relationship be based on our connection and not your collection of fucking hot cars,” Edward bellowed. “Can I drive her?”

“Maybe,” I said coyly. “Perhaps after dinner.”




No comments:

Post a Comment