Saturday, May 12, 2012

Angels and Monsters Teaser


“Um, hi. Is this Bella?” Edward asked shakily.

“Yes, it is,” I smiled. For the first time today, I calmed down and was able to relax on my couch. “How are you doing, Edward?”

“I’m good. Taking a break,” he chuckled. “I’m putting my townhouse on the market. I’ve spent most of the morning scouring every available surface with bleach and disinfectant.”

“You’re moving?” I asked, frowning slightly.

“Just into the city. I’m moving into a condo in Trump Tower. I’ve owned it for a few years but never really lived there,” Edward explained. “I had a particularly nasty break up and I need to be rid of this place which reminded me of her. You know?”

Not really. “Yeah. That must suck,” I sympathized. I’d never been in a relationship as a vampire. I don’t remember my human life and I couldn’t tell you if I was in a relationship then. “When are you going to move?”

“Probably by the end of the month,” Edward explained. “Anyhow, I’m going out on a limb right now. I’m actually quite nervous since it’s been nearly two and half years since I’ve had to do this, but, are you free tonight?”

“Nope. I’m available,” I answered, a wide grin spreading over my face. “Why? Are you asking me out?”

“If you’re going to say yes,” Edward joked.

“Hmmm, let me think,” I teased, tapping my lips. “I’d love to go out with you, Edward. What’s the plan?”

“I was thinking about a picnic in Millennium Park while the Chicago Symphony Orchestra plays Mozart's Jupiter Symphony,” Edward said quietly.

“That sounds heavenly,” I breathed. It did. An evening with Edward. Yes, it would be a challenge since all I wanted to do was suck him dry but there was something more about him that just drew me in. Like a magnet. “Do you want to meet there or pick me up?”

“I can pick you up, but if you’re not comfortable g-giving m-me y-your ad-address,” he stuttered, “I understand.”

“I trust you, Edward,” I replied. I rattled off my address and I could hear the quiet scrape of the pen over the phone. “What time should I be ready for our date, Mr. Masen?”

“Six,” Edward answered. “Is there anything you don’t like, food-wise?”

Any food. I prefer blood, thanks. But, they don’t sell it at the local Whole Foods. “I’m pretty flexible,” I answered. “I’ll see you in a few hours, Edward.”

“I’m counting the minutes, Bella.” He hung up the phone and I sprang into action. I showered and washed my hair. However, I didn’t know what to do. These were the times where I wish I had someone to talk to. A woman. A friend. A confidante. I’ve been on my own in this life for so long that I don’t know what to do. How do I get ready for a date? 






No comments:

Post a Comment