Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Geek's Guide to Parenthood Update

O.M.C.

"Edward, come on! We have our doctor's appointment! We're going to be late!" I barked out to him. Esme was holding Kyra. She was going to watch her while Edward and I were going to my check up. Once I returned from LA, I made an appointment with my gynecologist and discovered that I was a little over eight weeks pregnant with baby number two.

I was now at eighteen weeks pregnant and we were praying that our little one would give us a sneak peek as to what we were having. There was a pool in our family. Esme, Alex, Alice and Jasper think that we were going to have another girl. Everyone else is guessing that we were having a boy. Except Marcus. He's thinking we're having twins since I'm already so huge. I'm four and half months pregnant and I'm at the size that I was when I seven months pregnant with Kyra.

"Sorry," Edward said as he jogged down the stairs. "Jasper called in a panic. Adam was being fussy and he didn't know what to do. Alice trusted Jasper to watch their son for the first time all by himself today. She had to tend to some issues at her shop."

"Is someone on standby?" I asked, arching a brow.

"Yeah. Marcus is ready to go at a moment's notice," Esme cooed to Kyra. "I love Jasper but sometimes he worries me around the children."

"He's gotten better. He adores Kyra," Edward said as he tickled our daughter's belly. "Lucas thinks he's awesome and actually prefers to be in Jasper's arms than Rose or Tim's."

"That's because Jasper always feeds Lucas," I said as I put my hands on my hips. "A sure-fire way to get a boy to love you is through his stomach. Why do you think I made lasagna while you were out in Phoenix while we started dating? For shits and giggles? No, so I could get in your pants, Cullen."

"Sorry, Mom. She loses her mouth to brain filter while she's pregnant," Edward said conspiratorially.














No comments:

Post a Comment